Waterberg District Municipality: Fire Fighters
Waterberg District Municipality is an equal opportunity employer subscribing to the Employment Equity Act, and hereby invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill them undermentioned post: Women and disabled persons are encouraged to apply.
Division : Fire Fighting Services
Position : Junior Fire Fighters X 12
Post Level : 11
Salary : R 181 308.00 (Basic Salary Per Annum Excluding Municipal Employee Benefits)
Stations : Lephalale X2, Modimolle X2, Mookgophong X2, Bela-Bela X 2, Thabazimbi X2, Mogalakwena X2
REF : 4/3/1/PF-MC36CMFB010
- Grade 12,
- Fire Fighter 1,
- Hazmat Awareness and First Aid Level 3 Certificate.
- Computer literate.
- Valid South African driver’s license (code –C1).
- Experience in an established fire services will be an added advantage.
- No fear of heights.
- Not Claus trophic.
- Good communication skills.
Working shifts system;
- Working six days a week; Be on standby as per shifts.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Perform operational duties of firefighting and rescue services under supervision
- Participate in fire prevention inspections and programs
- Responding to firefighting, rescue and other emergencies
- Execute orders at incidents in accordance with safety procedures
- Report hazardous situations during operational activities
- Assist with cleaning up at the accident/incident scene
- Testing, maintenance and cleaning all emergency vehicles and the workstation area on a daily basis.
- Manning the Control Room when required and perform basic administrative duties
- Assist with queries and inquiries from public and complete call slips
Closing Date: 11 October 2019
How To Apply:
All applications must be submitted on an official Waterberg District Municipality’s application form that is downloadable on Waterberg District Municipality website or obtainable from the reception desk.
The form must be accompanied by a detailed updated CV, recently (not older than 3 months) originally certified copies of qualifications, ID, driver’s license and a signed covering letter that indicate the position you are applying for and must be sent by post to:
The Municipal Manager, Waterberg District Municipality, Private Bag X 1018, Modimolle, 0510 or hand delivered to Waterberg District Municipality, Harry Gwala Street, Registry Section, Room 27.
Faxed, e-mailed, late applications and those without the relevant accompanying documents will not be considered.
Please indicate your preferred work station on the covering letter of your application.
NOTE: Qualifications, employment background check and a security vetting will be done for all the successful candidates.
Further enquiries may be directed to Ms. RPT Makibelo at tel. no. 014 718 3367 or Mr J Matlou at 014 718 3339 during office hours.
Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only. Should you not be contacted within 90 days of the closing date please consider your application unsuccessful.
The Waterberg District Municipality reserves the right not to appoint or fill the advertised post.