VOX: Desktop Support Technician
Vacancy Type: Permanent
Information Technology, Western Cape CPT – CBD
Market related – Market related
Provide immediate first line support and daily assistance of all IT related issues.
Job description includes but not limited to: –
- Assisting the regional IT Managers and the Head of IT with all IT related functions.
- Troubleshooting and problem solving of user issues (Local and remote)
- Maintaining company IT standards and procedures, network security and confidentiality of information.
- Hardware and Software – setup, repair, configure, troubleshoot
- Assisting with general tasks and administration or Ad-hoc tasks and problems.
- Improving help desk turnaround time and escalation of any issues and calls.Ensure prompt feedback to all calls assigned and do follow ups with users.
- Assisting with uptime and monitoring of the IT infrastructure
- Assisting with the Helpdesk function – logging and maintaining all support calls
- End user support queries
- Maintaining company hardware assets using asset management tools and processes.
- Setup hardware devices for users. (PC’s laptops, Tablets, Mobile devices)
- Repair laptops – diagnose for hardware faults and provide assessment.
- Repair laptops –upgrade, install or swop internal components or parts.
- CompTia A+ Essential
- CompTia N+ or IT Diploma, MCITP or MSCE 2012 (Desktop Engineer) (Current to within 18 months) will be an advantage.
- Any Manufacturer “repair” certification (hardware related) (Apple, Lenovo, HP, Dell, etc) will be advantageous or 3 years hand on repair experience essential.
- 3 years’ experience with exposure to IT systems in an environment with 60 or more users.
- Basic knowledge of IP networking and protocols, eg. HTTP, FTP, SMTP, DNS, WINS, DHCP.
- Basic understanding of network services, eg. email / internet / firewall / Proxy
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Windows client operating systems (Windows 8,1 & 10 )
- Above average knowledge of commonly used applications (Office 2013/16/ Office 365, Internet Explorer/Firefox,Chrome)