Volvo: Purchasing Graduate Internship
The Volvo Group in South Africa is inviting suitable and interested graduates to submit their application to qualify for its Purchasing Graduate Internship programme.
Volvo is considered as one of the leading global manufacturers of buses, trucks, industrial and marine engines and construction equipment under popular brands such as Volvo, Volvo Penta, Mack, Renault Trucks, UD Trucks, SDLG, Eicher, Terex Trucks, Nova Trucks, Prevost and more.
The Volvo Group operates a global network staffed by over 1,300 professionals working in 50 different sites spread across 25 countries.
Volvo Group SA Purchasing Graduate Internship
The successful candidate will be reporting to the Purchasing Director of the Purchasing Department at the Volvo Trucks head office in Boksburg in East Rand, Gauteng. As a Purchasing Department intern, the incumbent gain work experience carrying out the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Provide assistance to buyers following through on orders, filing and contracts
- Facilitate buyer communications with suppliers and stakeholders
- Ensure supplier information in the database are up to date
- Serve as support in managing and administering purchasing systems
- Provide support in tasks involving reporting and data analysis
- Carry out other admin tasks as needed
Who should apply?
In order to get considered, applicants will need to meet the programme’s basic requirements:
- Holds a degree in Business Administration
- Must possess good communication skills
- Highly motivated and proactive
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent administrative skills
- Responsible and attentive to details
- Able to work with Microsoft Office applications
- Background in database management
- Possess good time management skills