About Volvo Group:
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus and Volvo Penta.
The Volvo Trucks brand has been built up over decades and enjoys a solid position worldwide. It is one of the world’s best known and respected brands within the commercial vehicle industry. It is associated with the core values quality, safety and environmental care. With Volvo Trucks you will be part of a global and diverse team. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
The main purpose of the job is to produce the required labor hours through maintenance and repair work, in accordance with the Company quality and efficiency standards.
Location: Upington, South Africa
Reporting: This role will report to the Team Leader
- Fault-finding and diagnosis on Volvo Products by interpreting product “under performance” and/or failure.Interpret and implement information in Volvo Manual and Service Literature.
- By following directives provided in Workshop Manuals, produce work of Volvo acceptable standards.
- Follow repair, maintenance instructions and specifications as per the manual.
- Ensure excellence in customer service delivery through meticulously following procedures/processes.
- Provide comprehensive and accurate reports on diagnosis, assessment of component/part, failures, observations, actions and recommendations.
- Follow procedures for breakdown work:
- Liaise with driver before responding to customer breakdowns;
- Ensure the correct documentation is in place and accurately completed before submission.
- Compliance to ISO 9001 and other Safety standards.
Education & Job Experience:
- Qualified Diesel Mechanic.
- 3 years in maintenance and repairs of commercial vehicles.
Job Knowledge & Skills:
- Ability to read all relevant measuring equipment.
- Knowledge/skills to effect correct repair work.
- Ability to interpret technical manuals and specifications and put into practice.
- Must be able to speak, read and write English.
- Computer literate.
Closing Date: 15 May 2019
How To Apply:
Volvo Group Southern Africa (Pty) Ltd is an affirmative action, equal employment opportunity employer.