Sasol: Career Opportunities: Shiftboss (Production)
Req Id: 75901
Operating entity: Sasol Mining (Sigma Colliery)
Geographical area: Sasolburg, Free State, South Africa
ABOUT THE ROLE / PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To manage, lead, organise and control production and to provide the leadership required to create a high performance team capable of reaching all of its set targets. Execute the statutory duties according to Regulation 2.15.1 in his / her area of responsibility
- (Safe Production) –Carries out on a day to day basis – planning, organising, control and leadership that ensure that departments KPI’s are met –to produce safe coal by ensuring
- Implements operational projects, ensures operating compliance to Standard
- Operating Procedures (SOP) in appointed area of responsibility
- Ensures availability of spares, equipment and resources required to ensure optimal production, including governance of Electronic time keeping
- Provides first line solutions to employees reporting to him / her on any technical related problem
- Safe Production – Support departments to achieve set targets by coordinating planning within appointed area of responsibility.
- (Finance) – Control costs to ensure production volumes are achieved within budget.
- (SHE) – Ensure best in class safety performance and continuous improvement of key safety metrics to maintain required RCR.
- Provide on the job training, coaching and career development
- In line with Sasol’s commitment to Employment Equity, preference will be given to suitable candidates from designated groups.
- Should you not receive any response from Sasol within 30 days after the closing date of this advertisement, please consider your application unsuccessful.
- In addition to a pre-employment medical examination, some positions may require a physical fitness assessment, as part of the normal pre-employment selection criteria.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Grade 12 with Maths and Science
- Red Ticket
- Certificate in Blasting, Gas Testing, Competent A, First Aid
- Mine Overseer Certificate of Competence
- Code 8 drivers license
- Minimum 5 years total relevant experience as a Miner
- Diploma with Certificate in Blasting, Gas Testing, Competent A, First Aid
- Code 8 driver’s license and 2 years’ experience as a Miner
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Self Mastery- Takes accountability for driving own growth through developing self awareness, reflecting, seeking feedback and self-correcting
- Partnership Leadership
- Influential – Persuades and influences stakeholders, builds relationship and partnerships for win-win outcomes
- Collaborative – Builds teams and creates synergies through working across boundaries
Functional / Technical
- Supporting the mine in delivering on safe production within the budgeted allowances for engineering maintenance, balancing production targets with maintenance practices.
- Managing relationships between the mining and engineering departments.
- Ensuring that the various sets of legal requirements and engineering principles are met with in the operational environment.
- Influx of new technology that requires highly skilled workforce to manage the complexity.
- The management of service providers operating in the area of responsibility, providing sufficient supervision.
- The management of the procurement and supply side of the operational environment
Closing date: 19 September 2019
How to apply
Click Here To Apply For Sasol: Career Opportunities: ShiftBoss (Production)