Petra Diamonds: Boilermaker – Internal & External
Koffiefontein Diamond Mine is based in the town of Koffiefontein, located 100km from Kimberley and 136km from Bloemfontein.
Job Grade: C2T
Reference Nr: KOFF337
Develop, fabricate and maintain equipment according to sound engineering practice and equipment specifications.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist Foreman in executing his duties as and when required
- Conduct maintenance planning; planned task observations; plastic pipe welding; risk assessments (activity based and mini); welding of HDPE (high density pressure equipment)
- Continuously monitor equipment failure and efficiency to improve trade specific equipment and systems
- Cut and weld components to repair and maintain steel constructions
- Fabricate steel fabrications by drawing, measuring, conducting layout and erecting structures
- Identify spares requirements and order according to departmental procedure
- Inspect materials, products or equipment to detect defects or malfunctions
- Investigate, diagnose and perform trade related maintenance and repair of equipment and machinery according to the maintenance requirements
- Manufacture trade specific items according to diagrams and drawings when setting up equipment
- Perform assigned work during shutdowns
- Perform inspections in accordance with the Mine Health and Safety Act regulations, manufacturing and company standards to report all defects and breakdowns on equipment and machinery to the Foreman
- Perform de-energize and lock out of electrical equipment
- Perform basic rigging activities
- Remove and replace components to maintain steel fabrications
- Responsible for conducting fault finding on default structures and deterring the steps to be taken to repair faults; good housekeeping in relevant area; painting steel fabrications; performing drilling activities using a hand drill and pedestal; grinding activities; lock out when necessary; signing the mobile machinery pre-start log books; trade related administration
- Conduct on-the-job training for allocated apprentices
- Grade 10
- N2 National Certificate
- Boilermaker / Plater Trade Certificate through a recognised institution and/or apprenticeship**
- 3 years post Apprenticeship/Qualification experience as a Boilermaker / Plater
- Valid Drivers’ License
- Grade 12
- Computer Literate
NB: Candidates holding a QCTO (Section 26D) Trade Test, where the learning route is not specified on the Certificate, must submit the following: Statement of results issued by an accredited MQA trade test centre as well as evidence of training conducted at a technical training centre (e.g. Portfolio of Evidence, Logbooks). Should these documents not be submitted, the application will not be considered. Candidates holding S28 Trade Test certificates from non-Mining Sector centres will not be considered.
OTHER SKILLS / COMPETENCIES:
- Able to communicate in English (written & verbal)
- Analytical thinking; Attention to detail; Accuracy; Planning; Problem solving; Reliability; Pro-active
Closing Date: 05 March 2020.
How To Apply:
Click Here To View Full Advert Of Petra Diamonds: Boilermaker – Internal & External (pdf)
Click Here to download & complete Petra Diamonds: Boilermaker – Internal & External application form and forward, together with your résumé, qualifications and ID, to:
Please note, applications must be sent to the correct e-mail as indicated. Incomplete application forms and documentation will not be considered.
Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only. Petra Diamonds reserves the right not to fill this position. If you have not heard from us within 30 days of the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.