BMW: Vocational And Technical Training
Legal Entity: BMW (South Africa) (Pty) Ltd.
Job ID: 190004OB
You will be responsible for defining, designing, developing and implementing competency based vocational & technical training programmes for Plant Rosslyn in line with training needs analysis. You will rollout and manage the technical, vocational programmes for TX-R departments (apprenticeship, production relief pool, recognition of prior learning etc.). You will provide advice for technical training needs and programme design for all departments outside of TX-R. You will also be responsible for budget planning and management to achieve allocated target.
You will ensure the service quality of all technical training suppliers are in line with the BMW requirements. You will establish and maintain relations with external and internal training providers. You will ensure training aids, equipment and material is maintained and updated to the latest available technology. You will continually research and benchmark training and development practices and implement best practices. You will maintain regular contact with HR counterparts and ensure the effective collaboration of Training and Operational HR. You will also stay abreast of latest business activities and trends to ensure a customer centric approach regarding delivery of training offers.
You will also take responsibility for the internal control environment within your areas of responsibility.
Qualifications and Experience
- B Degree or Equivalent in Engineering;
- Education, Training, Development Practices (ETDP) Qualification and/ or Skills Development Facilitator (SDF) is an added advantage;
- 5 +Years Automotive, production related experience;
- 3 to 5 Years’ Working experience in the technical training environment at a senior level;
- Project management and Production management;
- Planning and steering experience;
- Skills development legislative framework;
- Market and industry knowledge.