University Of Pretoria: Career Services Co-ordinator
The incumbent will be responsible for:
- Co-ordinating the activities for the Ready for Work programme across all divisions and campuses, with the various stakeholders, to ensure a seamless and effective delivery of the initiative;
- Ensuring a clear understanding of the future of work, and needs in the employer market, and ensuring that these are addressed in the Ready for Work programme;
- Marketing and promoting the Ready for Work programme;
- Preparing students to find employment by developing job-search skills, effective candidate presentation skills, interview preparation, and the understanding of the fit between their competencies and occupational and job requirements;
- Ensuring a clear understanding of the future of work and needs in the employer market, and that these are addressed in a centralised work exposure function for UP students and graduates;
- Establishing and managing internships, learnerships, and opportunities for work exposure for students;
- Facilitating opportunities for students to link with alumni, employers, professional organisations, and others who will provide opportunities to develop professional interests and competencies, integrate academic learning with work, and explore future career possibilities;
- Managing agreements/contracts with employers;
- Sourcing funds for work exposure and internships, and negotiate employee rates for internships to ensure best outcome for students;
- Connecting students with employers through on-campus interviews, job and graduate recruitment advertisement, career events networking, job search events, publications and information technology, including TuksCareers and LinkedIn;
- Identifying, establishing and maintaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders, such as various businesses, public and private sector organisations (including government) for employment opportunities;
- Building and maintaining a database of employers;
- Ensuring effective administrative functions (including HR and finance) for work readiness and work exposure opportunities.
- A relevant Bachelor’s degree;
- Four years’ experience in:
- Project management;
- Stakeholder management;
- Student development, or workplace training;
- A valid driver’s license;
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Good communication skills;
- Ability to plan, prioritise and manage activities in a proactive manner;
- Good computer skills and knowledge of various supporting software packages;
- Public presentation skills;
- Ability to work with an ethnically and culturally diverse population;
- Ability to work in a team;
- Good interpersonal skills.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- Post graduate qualification;
- Relevant short learning programmes;
- Student/graduate career development program certificate;
- Knowledge/understanding of the University of Pretoria’s internal and external stakeholder environment;
- Report writing experience;
- Experience of prevailing graduate recruitment practices; Experience in public speaking/presentations;
- Experience in managing internships and work exposure opportunities;
- Experience in working with SETAs and/ or QCTO;
- Experience in setting up and managing a database;
- Fundraising experience.
PLEASE NOTE: All shortlisted candidates may be required to participate in relevant skills assessments as part of the selection process.
The annual remuneration package will be commensurate with the incumbent’s level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines. UP subscribes to the BESTMED and UMVUZO medical aid schemes and contributes 50% of the applicable monthly premium.
CLOSING DATE: 26 September 2019
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants are requested to click here to apply online for .University Of Pretoria: Career Services Co-ordinator
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Certified copies of qualifications;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact.
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.