University Of Pretoria: Departmental Administrator B – Department of Economics
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the Departmental Administrator B.
The incumbents will be responsible for delivering an effective and comprehensive administrative service to the Head of the Department and staff members in the Department of Economics, including:
- General administration and support to the Head of Department;
- Teaching and learning administration;
- Administrative support to the staff and students;
- Administrative support for the Undergraduate and Postgraduate programmes;
- Financial administration.
- Relevant three-year B-degree with at least two years’ experience that includes office administration, secretarial and financial experience, OR
- A three-year secretarial and/or office administration qualification and three years’ experience that includes office administration, secretarial and financial experience;
- Certificate or experience in the use of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint as well as the use of internet and e-mail.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Ability to work under pressure without compromising detail and accuracy;
- Ability to prioritise work independently and handle simultaneous assignments with success and accuracy;
- Appropriate professional communication and language skills, both written and verbal;
- Strong display of customer service acumen;
- Ability to work with numbers and formula in Excel;
- Ability and sophistication needed to interact with internal and external stakeholders;
- Ability to effectively function in a group;
- Good administrative skills;
- Ability to handle confidential information.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- Three years’ experience within a tertiary environment
- Experience in and knowledge of a postgraduate research environment;
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access;
- Experience in administering undergraduates and/or postgraduate programmes;
- Knowledge of a blended learning environment including online support (ClickUP);
- Basic Knowledge of the PeopleSoft system.
PLEASE NOTE: All shortlisted candidates may be required to participate in relevant skills assessments as part of the selection process.
CLOSING DATE: 7 October 2019
HOW TO APPLY
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Certified copies of qualifications;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact.
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
ENQUIRIES: Ms Ziyanda Mashalaba, Tel: (012) 420 2655
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 31 December 2019, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply. All candidates agree to undergo verification of personal credentials.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.