Department: Security Services
Job ID: 2837
THE PURPOSE OF THE INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME IS TO OFFER GRADUATES (DIPLOMA/DEGREE) WITH NO RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE THE OPPORTUNITY TO OBTAIN PRACTICAL WORKPLACE EXPOSURE AND EXPERIENCE.
Duties and responsibilities:
Gain exposure in the following tasks:
- Coordinate meetings.
- Filing of documents.
- Handles boardroom bookings.
- Manage and schedule appointments for investigators.
- General office administration.
- Handles queries of walk-ins and refer unresolved queries to relevant colleagues for assistance.
- Answer telephone and ensures that massages are conveyed accordingly.
- Update invoice register.
- Assist with photocopying of documents.
- General Admin duties.
- Typing of documents.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to function with ease in the University’s richly diverse working environment.
- Intermediate Computer skills, including (MS Word, MS Excel, Internet).
- Customer service focused.
- Ability to work accurately, with attention to detail.
- Ability to work within a team and function under pressure.
- Ability to work without supervision.
- Results oriented.
- Willingness to go beyond the call of duty and to work after hours (when necessary).
The following criteria apply to the selection of candidates:
- Not currently participating in an existing learnership/internship programme.
- Willing to sign a learnership/internship agreement with the UFS.
- Candidate must be available for a period of one (1) year.
Assumption of duties:
As soon as possible.
Closing date: 11 June 2019
The salary scale is available on request. For any further enquiries, please feel free to contact 051 401 9161 / 3687/ 3222.
The University reserves the right not to fill the post. The University subscribes to and applies the principles prescribed by the Employment Equity Act. Preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups, in accordance with the principles of the aforementioned act and the employee profile of the specific department/division.
How To Apply:
Applications may only be submitted online. All applications must be accompanied by the following.
(Please note: Compile / convert all the below documents as one document (PDF or Word), when uploading it on the online application system):
- a detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter.( Please note that the first three (3) referees on your CV will be contacted with regard to reference checking);
- Certified copies (not older than three (3) months) of all academic record;
- Certified copies (not older than three (3) months) of qualifications (please provide the SAQA accreditation in the case of foreign qualifications);
- Certified copy (not older than three (3) months) of your identity document (ID).
Applications that are incomplete, without a reference number, or sent by fax or e-mail, will not be considered. Communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. Should you not be contacted within six weeks of the closing date for applications, you may assume that your application was unsuccessful.
External candidates can click HERE to apply online.
UFS staff members can log onto PeopleSoft, click Self Service, Recruiting, and Careers to apply online.