Job Title: UNISA: AIR-CON TECHNICIAN
DEPARTMENT: UNIVERSITY ESTATES
AIR-CON TECHNICIAN (P8) X3 POSITIONS
SIX (6) MONTHS CONTRACT (MUCKLENEUK CAMPUS)
Assumption of duty : As soon as possible
Salary : Remuneration is commensurate with the seniority of the position
The job is to ensure that all cooling and heating apparatus on Unisa campuses optimally within norms
prescribed by the manufacturers.
- National Diploma in Air-conditioning or;
- N3 with completed apprenticeship as an Air conditioning technician plus trade test or;
- Millwright plus trade test in Air conditioning
- 3 years in the air conditioning industry
- ACRICSA, Competency Certificate
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, benefits, repair and maintenance
- Knowledge of equipment(s), computers and electronics
- Knowledge of legislation governing technicians
Skills and Abilities:
- Repairing of breakdowns
- Operation Monitoring
- Equipment Selection and Maintenance
- Product Inspection
- Conducting Tests
- Mathematics and Reading Comprehension
- Operations and Control
- Repairing of breakdowns
- Preventative maintenance
- Building management systems
- Monitoring of projects
- Supervision of contractors
Closing date : 02 September 2019
All applications should reach UNISA before 16H00 on the closing date.
Enquiries : (012) 429 2066 Mrs Nadia Van Vuren (HR: Contracts Appointments) (012) 429 3299 Mr Simphiwe Manqele (Maintenance Directorate)
The completed prescribed application form must be accompanied BY COMPREHENSIVE CURRICULUM VITAE and ORIGINAL certified copies (within the previous six months) of;
- identity document;
- all educational qualifications;
- academic transcripts/records;
- proof of SAQA verification of foreign qualifications (if applicable)
- Unisa reserves the right to authenticate all qualifications without any further consent from the applicant.
- The contact details of three contactable references must be provided, one of which must be from your present employer excluding your current line manager if you are an internal Unisa applicant
- Unisa is not obliged to fill an advertised position
- Late, incomplete and incorrect applications will not be considered
- Appointments will be made in accordance with Unisa’s Employment Equity Plan
- We welcome applications from persons with Disabilities
- Applications must be submitted in an envelope clearly marked with the name of the relevant College and/or Department, the position applied for and the reference number of the position. If you apply for more than one position, each application must be in a separate envelope.
- Applications must be posted to Unisa, HR: Staffing, PO Box 392 Unisa rand 0003
- Hand delivered applications can be deposited into the Application Box (marked HUMAN RESOURCES) situated at Muckleneuk Campus: OR Tambo Building, Main Entrance.
Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only. If you have not been contacted within two months after closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was not successful.
Click Here To View The Vacancy In Pdf ……