UFS: Honours Bursary 2021
UFS: Honours Bursary 2021
The University of the Free State will be providing partial tuition fee financial support to Honours students for the year 2021.
- Official academic record indicating that the undergraduate qualification has been obtained.
- Applicants who did not obtain their undergraduate degrees at the University of the Free State must submit an academic record that shows final marks in percentages and not symbols, this includes international students.
- Applicants who obtained their undergraduate degrees at the University of the Free State must not submit their academic records. The Postgraduate School will access their academic records from the university.
- It is the responsibility of an applicant to request an official academic record/transcript from their previous institution displaying their final marks in percentages and not symbols
You don’t qualify if:
- already hold an Honours’ or final year B Tech degree.
- Have outstanding fees from previous years.
- You pursuing an undergraduate degree irrespective of the degree that they are enrolled for.
- Intending to pursue a Postgraduate diploma qualification, including Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) and Postgraduate Diploma in Accounting.
- Received funding from the Postgraduate School in the previous years.
- Students who hold employment positions.
- Funding will be provided to a maximum of R35 000 depending on the actual tuition fees owed to the institution.
Closing date: 31 January 2021
How to apply:
- The award will be made based on academic merit.
- The holder of the scholarship may hold a UFS academic merit bursary and Faculty bursary together with the UFS Honours Bursary.
- Holder of the scholarship may not hold other government bursaries together with the UFS Honours Bursaries, e.g. the NRF.
- Holder of the scholarship may not hold the UFS Honours Bursary and the UFS Staff Study Benefit/ Remission on tuition fees.
- UFS Honours Bursary is a Once Off award for first time Honours students in 2021 studying fulltime.
- Students with outstanding fees from previous years will not be considered.
- All successful and unsuccessful applicants will be notified by end of March 2021.
- Those who did not obtain their undergraduate degrees at the University of the Free State must email visible, scanned academic records in PDF format to Mr Khoza at KhozaPN@ufs.ac.za with the email subject “Application for UFS Honours Funding”.
- Those who obtained their undergraduate degrees at the University of the Free State must not email their academic records. The Postgraduate School will access their academic records from the university. Therefore, they only complete the online application