Trainee Fashion Designer or Fashion Graphic Designer
Location: Cape Town,ZA
Professional Area: Graduate Programme
Specific Qualifications: Fashion Design or Related Qualification
Are you a graduate that follows fashion, and wants to be involved in the design and fashion hub of the company, you may want to consider applying for our Trainee Fashion or Graphic Designer.
With support from an expert, a mentor and a tailor-made, individual development plan, you will learn key responsibilities on your way to becoming a Fashion Designer or Graphic Designer and influencing the unique look and feel of our fashion-forward brands.
- Researching product trends internationally and locally and interpreting this for the SA market
- Assisting the buyers with building their ranges, reflecting new and exciting, but commercial, colour palettes, fabrics and key looks
- Being involved and hands on with suggestions for styling details, branding and graphics
- Using computer aided design work as well as freehand sketching on programs such as Illustrator, Photoshop, Indesign etc.
- You will be responsible for specific areas of design but will work as part of a team on adhoc design projects
- The possibility to visit international Trade Fairs and the fashion capitals of the world to gather information on upcoming trends suitable for the SA market
- Fashion design qualification or related qualification
- Good computer skills with experience in the above mentioned packages is an advantage
- Good fabric and garment construction knowledge
- Graphic design knowledge would be of great benefit to assist the buying teams in their product development
- An ability to pick out trends and a love of fashion!
How To Apply:
Click here to apply online for Truworths: Trainee Fashion Designer or Fashion Graphic Designer