Transnet: Skills Development Facilitator
Operating Division : TPT Durban CT
Position Title : Skills Development Facilitator
Employee Group : Permanent
Department : Human Resources
Location : Durban
Reporting To : Human Resource Business Partner
Grade Level : G
Reference Number : 200033921
To facilitate and coordinate the leadership, operations, technical and critical skills feeder channels, through specialised training and development initiatives, to implement skills programs in order to meet current and future business needs, to ensure that all Human Capital Development systems are maintained and the compliance to the Skills Act of South Africa.
1. Conduct skills audit to determine the skills gap re feeder channels and critical skills.
2. Compile the Workplace Skills Plan to comply with Skills Development Legislation.
3. Compile the Annual Training Report to comply with Skills Development Legislation.
4. Arrange and coordinate the Skills Development Committee meetings and ensure that the minutes and WSP are submitted to TPT HQ annually.
5. Develop, track and maintain a yearly terminal training schedule relevant to the feeder channels, skills programs and specialised programs and ensure that deadlines are met.
6. Compile and submit the quarterly Terminals DHE / DOL report to TPT HQ.
7. Ensure consultation, preparation and applications are compiled for discretionary grants for the terminals.
8. Ensure all relevant documentation for discretionary grant claims are collated for the terminals and submitted to TPT, HQ to ensure return on investment.
9. Compile status reports on skills development initiatives, special programs and feeder channels monthly and ad hoc. Submit monthly training report to TPT, HQ.
10. Ensure facilitation of the recruitment and administration for learnerships, apprenticeships and skills programs for the terminals.
11. Ensure the implementation, monitoring and reporting on succession planning for critical and FST grade.
12. Perform duties of Super User for BBBEE and consolidate terminals BBBEE reports and maintain a database relevant to the BBBEE information for the terminals.
13. Implement a mentorship structure based on equipment, leadership and systems for the terminals.
14. Ensure the implementation and maintenance of the Quality Management System by performing the duties of the Super User for the terminals.
15. Ensure Preparation and Facilitation of quarterly Transport Education Training Authority audits for the terminals.
16. Ensure compliance of bursary committee meetings and ensure approval at terminal and HQ level.
17. Compile Bursary Reconciliations and meet monthly with Finance to monitor costs for the terminal.
18. Facilitate procurement of all training programs for the terminals in consultation with Procurement and Skills Development Facilitators.
19. Control and manage an efficient record keeping system on SAP and perform the duties of the super user for the terminal.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Degree or Diploma in HR/ Training related field./NQF6
• Registered SDF.
• 5 years Skills Development, QMS and BBBEE Experience.
Preferred Qualification: Occupation Directed, Education, Training and Development Practitioner, ODETDP.
Knowledge and required:
• Skills Development Act
• WSP and ATR format
• QMS Principles
• BBBEE standards and format
• Succession Planning Principles
• Mentoring and Coaching
• Skills Audit guidelines
• Research and Development
• Project Management Principles
• Attention to detail
• Sound interpersonal skills
• Communication at all levels
• Work under pressure
• Follow through
• Project Management Skills
Closing Date: 22.08.2019
How To Apply:
If you qualify and interested in this post, kindly E-mail your cv and certified supporting documents to: DCT.Recruitment@transnet.net
It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that HR has received the application before the closing date of the advertisement.
Note: if you have not been contacted within 30 days of the closing date of this advertisement please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Any questions regarding the application or recruitment process should be sent in writing to: ZANELE.NXUMALO@TRANSNET.NET.
We urge all our employees, clients, members of the public and our suppliers to report any kind of fraud or corruption at Transnet. Call the hotline toll free number: 0800 003 056 or email Transnet@tip-offs.com