Transnet: Port Worker X18
Operating Division: TPT Nqgura CT
Position Title: Port Worker X18
Employee Group: Non Permanent
Reporting To: Operations Coordinator
Grade Level: HRLYL1
Reference Number: 2003825
The provision of labour as directed by supervisor in order to ensure a safe and clean working environment or optimized cargo operation
- Cleaning of operational equipment (such as ship to shore cranes’ windows; cranes’ cabins; etc.)
- Inspection of container condition
- Reefer monitoring operations
- Opening and Closing of rail wagons twist-locks
- Loading, off- loading and stacking of cargo in compliance of standard operating procedures.
- Hooking / unhooking
- Tarpin/untarping where applicable
- Place /remove dunnage
- Cleaning of operational areas, rail trucks, plant, workshops, offices, sheds and ablution facilities as instructed.
- Compete applicable documentation i.e accident reports.
- Identification of correct cargo handling equipment/ gear.
- Perform any other general worker duty as and when instructed by the business.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Matric / NQF Level 4 with minimum of 2 years as a port worker/general worker
- Terminal Layout
- Stack Positions
Closing Date: 17 March 2020
How To Apply:
Post your Completed Curriculum Vitae to: Transnet Port Terminals , Human Resources , Recruitment Office , Port Elizabeth , 6000
PLEASE NOTE: Transnet, its employees or representatives never ask for a fee from job seekers. Any such requests are fraudulent. Please report any suspicious activities in this regard to the Transnet anti-fraud line on 0800 003 056.
Note: if you have not been contacted within 30 days of the closing date of this advertisement please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Any questions regarding the application or recruitment process should be sent in writing to
Equity Statement:Preference will be given to suitably qualified Applicants who are members of the designated groups in line with the Employment Equity Plan and Targets of the Organisation/Operating Division.