Transnet: Electrician Apprenticeship 2019
Operating Division : Transnet Engineering
Position Title : Apprentice, Electrician
Employee Group : Trainee
Department : Training
Location : Germiston
Reporting To : Manager
Grade Level : APP
Reference Number : 30011951
Transnet SOC Limited is a focused freight transport company delivering integrated, efficient, safe, reliable and cost-effective services to promote economic growth in South Africa.
- Applicants must be SA citizens without any other bursary obligation from other organisations.
- Preference will be given to applicants considered as South African Youth (under the age of 35).
- Preference will be given to applicants with outstanding results.
- Appointments will be made in terms of the Company’s Employment Equity Plan and Recruitment and Selection Policy.
- All training will be done in the relevant Transnet School of Engineering Campus. Please note that NO accommodation and transport assistance will be provided before, during and after appointment.
- On successful completion of the program, there is no guarantee for permanent employment. This is only a training
PLEASE NOTE: Transnet, its employees or representatives never ask for a fee from job seekers. Any such requests are fraudulent. Please report any suspicious activities in this regard to the Transnet anti-fraud line on 0800 003 056.
Qualifications & Experience:
- NTC2 with 4 relevant trade subjects passed or
- National Certificate (Vocational) Qualification NQF Level 3 or higher with relevant 7 subjects passed or
- Technical Matric including pure Mathematics and Physical Science passed with relevant trade theory.
Closing Date: 15 October 2019
How To Apply:
Any questions regarding the application or recruitment process should be sent in writing to
Equity Statement: Preference will be given to suitably qualified Applicants who are members of the designated groups in line with the Employment Equity Plan and Targets of the Organisation/Operating Division.
It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that HR has received the application
before the closing date of the advertisement.
Note: if you have not been contacted within 30 days of the closing date of this advertisement please consider your application as unsuccessful.