Location : Richards Bay, KwaZulu-Natal
Employee Group : Permanent
Reporting To : Chief Aviation Engineer
Grade Level : H2X
Reference Number : 10157183
This advert is open for application by external applicants.
Position Purpose :
Plan, and co-ordinate all maintenance planning for the Marine Pilot Helicopter Service. To organise all documentation pertaining to the aircraft. Reduce maintenance errors by promoting a structured approach to helicopter maintenance planning. Ensure no overfly activity of maintenance tasks. Ensuring compliance with SACAA regulations and National Ports Act No 12 of 2005 with regards to all operations.
Position outputs :
- Keep orderly records of all maintenance carried out;
- Conduct planning in accordance with the SACAA regulations;
- Liaise with the Chief Engineer, Operations Manager & Chief Pilot on a day to day basis with regards to issues arising;
- Keep a status of the aircrafts and update on a daily basis;
- Responsible for advising the engineers of any upcoming maintenance to be carried out on the aircraft;
- Ensure that all flight hours are correct for the accuracy of planning;
- Develop and plan weekly work packs in accordance with the operational procedures and specified maintenance tasks prescribed in the technical publications;
- Compile daily and Weekly reports;
- Liaise with the Chief Engineer, Operations Manager and Chief Pilot with regards to spares monitoring and availability;
- Update aircraft logbooks as required as per applicable legislation;
- Ensure compliance with the Aviation Act 13 of 2009, Civil Aviation Regulations and Civil Aviation Technical Standards;
- Ensure compliance with SAMSA and the National Ports Act No. 12 of 2005;
- Ensure that all planning carried out is in accordance with company’s processes and procedures;
- Compile accurate forecasting for the maintenance due on TNPA aircraft;
- Ensure effective processing of aircraft documentation work schedules;
- Drive high quality and safety standards;
- Update Service Bulletins, Airworthiness Directives and Aircraft Maintenance Manuals;
- Ensure timely publication of daily tasks and balance workload;
- Review short and long term maintenance forecasts;
- Ensure continuous improvement regarding job preparation and planning;
- Liaise with OEMs with regards to publication updates, safety alerts, application of new technology and maintenance planning best practices.
Qualifications & Experience :
- Grade 12;
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in maintenance planning within an Aviation operation;
- Formal training in aircraft maintenance planning will be an added advantage.
- Aviation rules and safety guidelines;
- Possess knowledge of helicopter operations;
- English language;
- Good Knowledge of maintenance planning;
- Operational knowledge of the functions of TNPA marine pilot service.
- Ability to work under stressful situations;
- Time management;
- Language skills;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Good concentration skills;
- Results oriented and Strong organizational skills.
- Results oriented and Strong organizational skills;
- Ability to work under pressure, Multitask and make decisions.
Closing Date : 07 May 2019
How To Apply :
Click here to apply online or Alternative Application Methods: (Completed Curriculum Vitae to be submitted) E-mail : TNPARecruitment3@transnet.net
It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that HR has received the application before the closing date of the advertisement.
Note: if you have not been contacted within 30 days of the closing date of this advertisement please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Any questions regarding the application or recruitment process should be sent in writing to: NOXOLO.GUMEDE@TRANSNET.NET.
We urge all our employees, clients, members of the public and our suppliers to report any kind of fraud or corruption at Transnet. Call the hotline toll free number: 0800 003 056 or email Transnet@tip-offs.com