The Beverage Company: Accountant
The Beverage Company: Accountant
Job Title: Financial Accountant
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: Market Related
Industries: FMCG (Fast Moving Consumer Goods Sector), Food & Beverages
Location: Isando, Gauteng, South Africa
Financial Accountant Job Specification:
This position is responsible for supporting the Head of Financial Services and Payroll with the overall management of the organisation’s Balance Sheet. The main responsibilities of the Financial Accountant will be Balance Sheet management, reconciliation and reporting; Treasury management; Capex management and reporting; fixed and Intangible assets management; and Finance lease management.
Key Accountabilities and Outputs:
Balance Sheet management, reconciliation, and Reporting:
- Assist Head of Financial Services and Payroll with the management of the Balance Sheet as well as ensuring that the Balance Sheet is accurate and complete
- Assist Head of Financial Services and Payroll with the management of the Balance Sheet, Cashflow and Covenant forecasting
- Preparation of monthly consolidated Balance Sheet, Cashflow Statement and Working Capital schedules for inclusion in Board Pack together with insightful
commentary on performance
- Performing and assessing the monthly covenant and KPI calculations
- Assist Head of Shared Services with the daily cash flow management and forecasting
- Work with Financial Services Accountant to provide auditors with all required balance sheet audit schedules
- Accountable for the entire monthly Balance Sheet reconciliation process including facilitating with the different regions to obtain reconciliations and present
to Head of Financial Services and Payroll and CFO for review
- Ensuring that relevant journal vouchers are processed including all recurring journals
- Attend monthly income statement meetings for all regions
- Managing inter-company and external loan schedules
- Oversee the treasury function and understanding the nature and extent of financial and operational risks (from a treasury perspective) at each of the business
- Develop, implement and manage treasury policies and processes to ensure efficient and effective processes with minimal manual intervention
- Ensuring that funds are available timely for salary runs etc
- Develop, implement and analyse cash flow forecasting tools to optimise funds and working capital across the group to ensure effective and efficient
management of cash
- Maintain strategic banking relationships by liaising with banks on any banking related queries raised
- Ensuring compliance with regularity requirements and maintain/renew Exchange Control Authorities and guarantees.
- Forecast and manage group currency exposure and purchase of foreign currency including exploring the use of hedging instruments
- Review and release of payments
- Maintain/Update banking resolutions, bank account signatories, and company representatives
- Assist the banks with annual KYC’s performed
- Drive lower interest expenses and transactional fees
- Overseeing and managing the responsibilities of the Treasury Controller and Finance Administration Controller
- Reviewing daily cash flow statements and bank reconciliations
- Ensuring that payments are allocated correctly and timely
Capex management and reporting:
- Responsible for managing and leading the CAPEX programme of the organisation, which includes budgeting, performing business cases, tracking actual spend
against budget and supporting CAPEX project owners with information and advice
- Ensuring that all capital expenditure is accounted for correctly in terms of IFRS and that all supporting information is collated and maintained
Fixed and Intangible assets management:
- Ensure that Fixed Asset, Intangible Asset, and Tax Asset Registers are accurate and complete
- Work with Regional Financial Managers to perform annual verification of physical assets
- Ensure that Fixed Asset and Intangible Asset movements are accounted for correctly on an adhoc and monthly basis
- Ensure that organisation is in compliance with IAS 12, 16 & 38 with regards to fixed and intangible assets which include performing annual reviews of useful
lives and residual values, in addition to assessing the assets for impairment
Finance lease management:
- Ensure that financial leases are accounted for correctly and that the finance lease schedules are prepared and maintained accurately
- Work with the Financial Services Accountant to ensure accurate implementation of IFRS 16
- Develop efficient processes for managing new finance leases and work with the relevant operational managers to secure new leases as well as to advise them
on beneficial leasing/financing options
- Helps others with their work.
- Meets commitments to team members or others in the organisation.
- Actively contributes to team discussions and the accomplishment of teamwork plans.
- Shares expertise and resources to help others address their needs.
- Seeks to include all those who can contribute to the most successful outcome and those who have a stake in the results.
- Actively keeps all stakeholders informed.
- Attempts to reinvigorate team processes when progress is lagging: stays engaged even when not in full agreement with the team’s direction.
- Accomplishes assigned tasks and goals: takes necessary actions to keep progress against objectives on track.
- Prepares a roadmap for success.
- Ensures that all who need to know, are clear about the plan.
- Takes full responsibility for own actions and outcomes, including mistakes.
- Always acts in the company’s best interest, regardless of whether it is difficult or unpopular.
- Ensures others are on track for achieving their goals.
- Organises information to make it easier to analyse or see trends.
- Anticipates consequences and formulates alternatives.
- Establishes clear decision criteria for making informed choices.
- Seeks relevant information to better understand situations and problems.
- Conducts appropriate analysis; neither makes snap decisions or over-analyses.
- Sees relationships between various facts, figures, or other information.
Legal and Ethical Conduct
- Keeps current with all the laws and company policies that govern one’s work activities, or seeks counsel before acting
- Conforms with all laws and company policies that govern one’s work activities
- Keeps abreast of changes in standards applicable to one’s profession
- Acts in accordance with conventional ethical and professional standards
- Takes action to enforce legal, policy, ethical, and professional requirements; exposes violations
- Increases performance expectations when success has been achieved
- Seeks out sources of information, including trade associations, “best practice” companies, customers, peers, subordinates, etc.
- Finds ways to fast-adapt improvement ideas to work processes
- Proactively seeks out resources, alliances, etc., needed to quickly introduce improvements
- Proactive identification of functional problems that do not have predetermined guidelines, routines, or procedures for the solution, determine cause and impact,
and choose the best alternative to solve the problem based on previous experience and an understanding of the theory or practices underpinning the problem.
Financial Accountant Minimum Requirements:
- B.Com Honours in Accounting
- Completed articles at big four audit firm
- CA (SA) is an added advantage
- At least 2 – 5 years experience in a similar role
Closing Date: 21 October 2020