TERACO: SECURITY OFFICER
Work Level: Skilled
Salary: Market Related
EE Position: Yes
Location: JHB East Rand
Reference Number: SEC001
Responsible for ensuring both physical security and for protecting company, client and employee information against unauthorized access, supported by the IT Systems Manager. Responsible for protecting the physical environments of the data centre environment, defining a security risk framework and ensuring appropriate compliance, based on threat and risk management approach based on ISO/PCI standards.
Main function of the Job:
- Lead physical security risk management activities to enhance the value of the company.
- Oversee, coordinate and lead security requirements with vendors who safeguard the company’s assets, intellectual property and technology as well as the physical safety of employees and visitors.
- Identify protection goals, objectives and metrics consistent with corporate strategic plan and compliance requirements.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of national security policy, standards, guidelines and procedures to ensure ongoing maintenance of security. Physical protection responsibilities will include asset protection, workplace violence prevention, access control systems, video surveillance, network and access control access, employee education and awareness, and more.
- Work with the executives to prioritize security initiatives and spending based on appropriate risk management and/or financial methodology.
- Maintain relationships with local, national and law enforcement agencies and other related government agencies.
- Oversee incident response planning as well as the investigation of security breaches, and assist with disciplinary and legal matters associated with such breaches as necessary.
- Work with outside consultants as appropriate for independent security audits.
- Perform daily, weekly, quarterly and annual audits and reviews to validate that security is deployed as expected.
- Assist the Operations Security Administrators in maintenance and repair of the security system.
- Adherence to standard operating procedures and to IT Security governance and policies.
- Comply with client specific security procedures, including incident and change control procedures.
- Assist with daily Health and safety functions as required.
- Support all sites, which may require travelling between sites by car or air.
- Manage risks associated with access to the information assets/systems.
- Good communication skills
- Active listening – ability to understand requirements
- Proactive problem solver
- Ability to work independently & a positive team player
- Conducts self professionally, exhibits high levels of tolerance and patience
- Responsible for continued learning and self-development
Qualifications and Experience:
- 4 years’ experience in Security environment or Police Service
- Experience in Vendor Management and related SLA’s
- Experience in administering and enforcing IT security across multiple sites
- Knowledge of Telecommunication and Data Centre environment
- Drivers license and own car