Takealot: Customer Service Trainer
Takealot is looking for a highly talented Customer Services Trainer to join our team in Cape Town.
We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, young, creative, hard working people to join us. We offer market related benefits, a great work environment and a promise that you won’t be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great
This position will report to the Learning and Development Manager
Your responsibilities will include:
- Positive, compassionate attitude and a passion for customer service.
- Help shape the ongoing strategy and mission of the Takealot Customer Services training program.
- Assist in developing and maintaining technical training content, exercises, presentations, and accompanying materials.
- Deliver classroom training and facilitation to the Customer Services team on a regular schedule.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to ensure accurate, effective training content.
- Constantly updating content of training to include live issues, such as service failures and identify the route cause and take appropriate action ensure similar possible failures are avoided.
- Work according to strict deadlines and high attention to detail.
- Drive your team to achieve training performance targets.
- Manage and maintain focused and highly motivated team members.
- Record and report on regular feedback from learners.
- Take proactive measures to ensure training is constantly improved.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Relationship building skills
- Analytical Skills Required
- Excellent listening skills
- Must be driven / self-motivated
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work as an effective team member and leader
- Intermediate to advanced excel skills advantageous
- Ability to compile feedback in writing and for verbal purposes
- A strong “stage presence” and ability to manage a classroom of adult learners.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Successfully completed NQF Level 4/Matric/Grade 12 and ideally some post-matric study
- Min. 18 months + customer service experience in related positions
- Experience in the design and facilitation of classroom training in a related position in a Customer Services environment.
- Knowledge of learning methodologies, principles and methods for curriculum and training programme design, facilitation of training to individuals and groups and the measurement of training effectiveness essential
- Excellent oral presentation skills, interpersonal communication, and writing skills.
- Self-sufficient, self-starter with proven success taking ownership of training projects.
- Comfortable and able to function in an ambiguous, fast paced, high pressure environment, while maintaining high quality outputs
- Flexibility to work shifts
- takealot.com employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the shared ambition of takealot.com being the leading e-commerce company in Africa.
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve.
- We are short on ego and high on output.
- We are doers and not only thinkers, its all in the execution after all.
- We love what we do and what we are creating.
We seek to Employ an Extra Ordinary Mind who:
- is forthright but respectful
- is an expert at doing, who can not only design but also execute
- is analytical, able to use data to make decisions
- is competitive, self-directed and strive to be the BEST (GREAT requires a lot of work and does not only happen during business hours
- is passionate about the potential of e-commerce and delivering a world-class customer experience
- is entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster
- is able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input
- is curious and challenge the status quo
- is innovative and enjoys iteration
- is collaborative
- will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for takealot.com.
- thinks like an owner of the business.
- is SMART, has INTEGRITY and is HARDWORKING
How To Apply
If you meet the above you are an Extraordinary Mind so come and join us!
Takealot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference.