Job ID: 39183
Job Sector: Banking
Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Standard Bank is the largest bank in Africa and our highly visible brand, award-winning service, and strong global presence helps us maintain our market-leading position. We place huge value on the talent of our people to drive our continued success, and to support our plans for growth. We continually need talented and resourceful individuals to help us fulfil our business objectives and build customer loyalty.
- As one of the oldest and most successful financial institutions in the country, we’re always looking to hire dedicated, ambitious men and women to fill key future roles in our ever-growing organisation.
- If you are interested in engaging with customers face to face, virtually and solving their problems digitally, this learnership is an ideal opportunity to enter the world of banking.
- Designed to help you gain valuable work experience in customer interactions and transactional banking, you will have a unique opportunity to gain experience in virtual centers.
- In addition, you will complete a qualification in Banking at an NQF level 5. This will enable you to become FAIS accredited and access banking employment across South Africa.
What’s in it for successful candidates?
- Successful candidates will be required to sign an 18 month fixed term employment contract as well as a learnership agreement.
- They will not be paid a salary but will receive a learner allowance of R 4000-00 (taxed as per SARS tax table) per month for the duration of the learnership. Upon successful completion, candidates will obtain a recognised Core Banking and Financial Services (NQF 5) Qualification
What is the qualifying criteria?
The candidate must:
- Be a South African Citizen
- Be between the ages of 18 and 30
- Be able to speak, read and write English
- Have completed a post-Matric 3 year Finance/Banking related qualification
- Be computer literate
- Not be permanently employed
- Not be studying at any other institution
- Not be registered on any other learnership.
What is the Recruitment process?
- Anticipated start date of Learnership 01st July 2019
- Closing date for applications 31st May 2019
- Candidates will be required to complete relevant assessments
- The following checks will be conducted:
- Register for Employees Dismissed (RED) checks;
- Credit and criminal record checks;
- Reference checks with previous employers;
- Verification of educational qualifications; and
- Proof of South African citizenship/South African residency/work permit.
Please note that all correspondence will be made via e-mail and if contact is not made with the applicant by 30th June 2019, consider the application as unsuccessful
- Should you experience any technical problems with the application site, please email Kumy.Munsamy@standardbank.co.za
How To Apply: