SRK Consulting: Intern – Environmental Scientist
Location: Pretoria, South Africa
SRK Consulting is an independent, international consulting practice, providing globally integrated consulting services to the international mining and metals sector.
SRK Consulting is seeking an Intern – Environmental Scientist in Pretoria.
Description of Responsibilities:
A vacancy for an Intern has become available in SRK`s Pretoria office. Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacancy. The successful candidate will report to the Partner in the Environmental Group. Candidates holding a MSc degree majoring in Environmental/Water Resources Management or Hydrology that would like the opportunity to work in a dynamic organisation with an inspiring and collaborative culture should apply. The position offers the opportunity to gain valuable experience and exposure in a broad range of environmental assessment services and the potential to realise individual goals within the organisation.
The purpose of the job:
The successful intern will be based in the Pretoria Office to assist the team in participating in environmental and water management projects.
The applicants must:
- Must have a MSc (Environmental/Water Resources Management or Hydrology). Candidates with a MSc Environmental Science degree must have a BSc undergraduate degree. Undergraduate BA degrees followed up by BSc Honours degrees will not be considered.
- Proficient computing skills in MS Word and Excel. Computer programming skills and GIS would be an added advantage.
- Be innovative in the working environment with good problem-solving ability.
- Have solid/strong ethics and values.
- Have attention to detail and be willing to learn.
- Have the ability to work in a team but also be able to work individually and independently.
- Be very organized and efficient.
- Have excellent communication and writing skills.
- Have a valid driver`s license with own reliable transport.
In return for considering a future with us, we offer:
- An attractive compensation package.
- Diversity of projects and clients within a non-hierarchical consultancy environment.
- Opportunity to purchase shares in the company; the SRK Group is an independent group, owned by its employees.
How to apply:
Applicants should respond by submitting their CV online by clicking here. The candidates under consideration will be contacted directly, no phone calls please.