Siemens Trainee Technical (SAICA Trainee)
Location: Midrand, South Africa
Job Family: Internal Services
Req ID: 178727
Organization: Controlling and Finance
Company: Siemens Proprietary Limited
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
This is a Three Year training programme to become certified as a Chartered Accountant with SAICA.
- Based in Accounting & Controlling.
- Rotation in other business divisions, business units or corporate support functions to gain core competencies.
What are the responsibilities for the role? (What does the CA programme involve?)
- Plans, prepares and consolidates balance sheet and P&L statements and reports, according to relevant accounting standards (IFRS, GAAP, local standard etc)
- Prepares reports for division or support function management
- Analyse and evaluate assets and liabilities
- Contributes with analyses relevant for annual financial statements
- Co-operates with vendors, clients in reconciling the account status, on an accountable level
- Keeps abreast with changes of internal guidelines and external accounting standards, and prepares and presents training
- Review and update published guidelines owned by Processes & Projects
- Issue and implement new accounting guidelines
- Investigates project and other adhoc queries from the divisions and support functions
- Plan and prepare budgets and forecast for corporate units
- Capture budget and forecast into SAP
- Allocate Infrastructure costs as per approved budget for distribution to divisions
- Provide support to colleagues in the other African countries
- Provide support to corporate units with respect to specialised reporting required by Head Quarter reporting
- Proactively understand and implement Support Function and Financial Reporting Guideline requirements
- Ensures that all SAICA learning requirements technically and professionally are met with in the relevant time period
Through exposure and training on:
- Financial Management
- Management Decision-Making
- Financial Accounting
- Internal Audit
- Corporate Governance
- Auditing & Assurance
- Commercial project management
Including development and training on:
- Interpersonal & communication skills
- Intellectual skills
- Organizational & management skills
Who do I need to qualify?
- Completed Bcom Accounting Honours (CTA) or equivalent (B.Acc Degree)
- Strong verbal communication skills
- High performer
- Ability to work within a team and autonomously
- Analytical thinker
Internal GRIP Description:
Enters a specifically designed general or functionally defined technical introduction program, in order to get a broad range of initial working experience, to prepare for a professional or management career with Siemens.
- Participates in a specifically designed general or functionally defined technical introduction program.
- Actively gathers broad range of initial working experience to prepare for a professional or management career with Siemens.
- Completes tasks assigned in the respective stages of the program.
- Works in projects assigned, contributes to the solution’s development and proposes new ideas based on own academic background.
- Keeps in touch with the person co-ordinating the trainee program and with the superior (mentor, respectively).
- Asks for feedback and considers received feedback in own development.
How To Apply:
Click Here To Apply For Siemens Trainee Technical (SAICA Trainee)