Sibanye Stillwater: Mining Learnership – Blasting Certificate Underground Hard Rock (NQF Level 3)
Job no: 495380
Work type: Fixed Term
Location: Free State
Learners acquiring this qualification will be equipped with the required competencies to supervise safe and efficient blasting and other associated mining activities in an underground environment.
Pre- screening, application verification and psychometric evaluation will form part of the selection process. All applicants will be subject to clearance screening by the South African Police Services as required by the National Explosives Act. Short listed candidates will be requested to attend a panel interview and psychometric evaluation. Successful applicants will be notified in writing by SSA Management, while applicants who receive no response to their applications, may consider their application for the Learnership to be unsuccessful. Preference will be given to HDSA’s and certain requirements may be relaxed for female applicants as Sibanye-Stillwater is committed to the achievement and maintenance of diversity and equity in employment.
THE APPOINTEE SHOULD:
- Have a minimum Grade 12 or equivalent NQF Educational certificate in order to be accepted onto the Blasting Certificate programme
- Achieve a psychometric evaluation outcome score of 3 or higher
- Be declared medically fit for the position and environment, as determined by a risk-based medical examination at the relevant Sibanye Stillwater Occupational Health Centre
- Applicants who have the highest aggregate for the pure Mathematics and English in Grade 12
- Applicants who achieve a psychometric evaluation outcome score of 4 or higher
- Applicants will need to undergo an interview process, psychometric assessment and screening, which will be considered during allocation of learnerships.
- Applicants must upload CVs, copies of ID and qualifications online.
- Application Forms can be obtained from the Sibanye-Stillwater website
- The selection process will not be delayed to accommodate applicants whose screening process is delayed for whatsoever reason.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered for selection
How to apply:
HR Contact Person: Daphney Rammedi at Beatrix Campus
Tel: 057 733 8795
Recruiter: Nokuthula Masophi
Contact: 010 001 1206
NB: Kindly note that HR personnel at the operations should assist internal applicants to apply should they need assistance.