Sibanye-Stillwater: Artisan Jobs in 2021
Sibanye-Stillwater: Artisan Jobs in 2021
Job Grading: C-Lower
Type of employment: Permanent
No of Positions: 01 Fitter And 01 Boilermaker
Location: North West
The appointee should:
- NQF 4 (National Senior Certificate or Grade 12 or Adult Senior Certificate) with English literacy or N2 in Engineering studies.
- Completed formal Learnership programme prior to obtaining a artisan trade certificate as recognised by the MQA.
- At least 3 years experience as an Artisan / Aide / Apprentice within a mining or plant environment
- Be declared medically fit for the position and environment, as determined by a risk based medical examination at the relevant Sibanye Stillwater Occupational Health Centre
Key responsibilities include:
- Adherence to safe work procedures.
- Compliance to company standards and regulations i.e. PPE.
- Reporting of all incidents and / or near incidents.
- Participation on SHEC related campaigns and initiatives.
- Conduct induction for team members related to SHEC aspects prior to commencing work.
Maintenance, Installation & Construction
- Adhere to equipment maintenance, installation and construction of work place facilities to standards and specifications.
- All maintenance, installations and constructions to be inspected and checked for quality purposes.
- Safe, correct and effective application of equipment and machinery utilised during duties.
- Adherence to maintenance schedules.
- Attending to mechanical breakdowns.
- Escalation of unresolved breakdowns or unsuccessful maintenance, installation and constructions.
- Completion of relevant documentation.
- Adherence to document control standards and procedures.
- Provisioning of data and information.
- Safekeeping of documentation.
Team Development & Coaching
- Provide on-the-job training and coaching to team members.
- Nominate team members for developmental training.
- Ensure that all team members are adequately trained for assigned work.
- Manage team morale.
- Allocation of tasks and assignments.
Achievement of safe production performance levels through the effective maintenance of equipment
- Attend and conduct Safety meeting
- Conducts and participate in Risk assessments
- Allocate tasks to subordinates
- Attend to Breakdowns and emergencies as required
- Ensure that material, spares and equipment are available as required
- Ensure proper and adequate on the job training and coaching is provided to subordinates
- Comply to environmental requirements
- Exercise judgment with regards to replacement of components
- Maintains a high quality of work
- Timely and accurate information
- Records results of all legal examinations in the appropriate format
- Works in a sequence that prioritizes work requirements
- Completing job cards and description of work and spares used (PM’s)
- Performing work to the required standards and specifications
- Applying appropriate tools to complete tasks
Good employee relations
- Ensuring effective teamwork
- Identify potential conflict situations and minimize the implications of possible conflict
- Ensure that subordinates have clear work expectations and plans
- Conduct on the job induction
- Support, coach and participate in the training and development of subordinates and apprentices
- Effective two way open communication with subordinates and line supervisor
- Report at risk behavior, incidents and injuries
- Interacting with other departments
- Advising defects and abnormalities to appropriate supervisor or manager
- Recommend employees suitable for career developing
Closing Date: 05 Feb 2021 South Africa Standard Time
How To Apply:
Your manager should be aware of and support your application. Pre-screening and psychometric evaluation may form part of the selection process. Short listed candidates will be requested to attend a panel interview. Applicants who receive no response to their applications within 14 days may consider their application for the position to be unsuccessful.
Sibanye-Stillwater is committed to the achievement and maintenance of diversity and equity in employment.