Shoprite: IT Trainee Operator
Reference Number: SHO191011-1
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Brackenfell, Cape Town, South Africa
Purpose of the Job:
Assist Senior Operations staff in the day-to-day operation of the Organisation’s Data Centre Facility and Infrastructure monitoring, Production Schedule monitoring, availability and Performance monitoring and Incident handling.
- To ensure that the Organisation’s Data Centre facilities and IT infrastructure are operated according to organisation policies and procedures.
- To ensure that Organisation’s Computer Systems are operated according to organisation policies and procedures.
- To ensure that Production jobs are run and completed on schedule and in accordance with service level requirements.
- To ensure that organisation’s data is backed-up in line with business continuity policies and practices.
TASKS AND ACTIVITIES:
- Carry out the full range of defined tasks associated with operating and controlling the installed hardware and software in a multiple hardware and software platforms environment.
- Ensure that all tasks and procedures are carried out effectively and efficiently to agreed levels of service or specific requirements of service level agreements.
- Use all available software or specialist monitoring tools to maintain awareness and control of the data capture operation.
- Identify and rectify a broad range of operational exceptions and error conditions and deal sensibly and responsibly with unexpected or extraordinary events or incidents.
- Where actions necessitate modification, restriction or complete removal of resources or services available, communicate with users, specialists and others, using appropriate methods, to inform and escalate if necessary.
- Respond to user queries (specialists or others) and deal effectively with a broad range of problems of moderate complexity, escalating those that need specialist or management attention.
- Conduct investigations of operational problems.
APPLICANT MUST BE:
- Aware of ICT environment Familiar with Operating Systems
- Must be able and willing to work on a rotational shift plan which includes; night work, weekends & Public holidays (24/7).
- Preferably own transport.
- Matric with Mathematics
- CompTIA A+
- 0-6 months experience (given sufficient prior training, e.g. completed Learnership, in the appropriate technology)
Knowledge and Skills:
- Displays a responsible attitude to following procedures, keeping records, and caring for equipment and other assets.
- Is familiar with the installed hardware and software and the procedures in use in the Computer Operations area.
- Demonstrates good communication skills with experience in dealing with users, staff members and suppliers.
Applicant Feedback Policy:
Shoprite endeavours to provide feedback to all candidates whenever possible. However, if you do not hear from one of our Recruiters within 30 days, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.