Shoprite: Bursaries Programme 2021
Shoprite: Bursaries Programme 2021
The bursaries are offered to both matriculants applying to higher education institutions as well as current tertiary education students in programmes such as pharmacy, chartered accounting, logistics and industrial engineering, Information Technology (IT), hospitality, retail business management and professional cookery.
Shoprite bursary ranges from R45 000 to R70 000 base on the field of study and institution. The bursary covers tuition, books and accommodation allowances. Any extra funds available from the amount granted will be paid in monthly installments. Grantees will be required to work for Shoprite with the same amount of time the bursary is awarded. In case of failed modules, these will be repeated at the bursary holder’s own finance. The awarded bursary will also be suspended but not canceled and reapplication will be allowed once the failed module is passed.
Shoprite offering bursaries within the following fields of study every year:
- Accounting (CA Stream): This accounting bursary aims at attracting and funding talented Chartered Accounting students to become part of our Finance team after completion of their studies. When you will join their Accounting Articles Programme, you will get exposure to the entire Group of Companies working with a wide range of stakeholder.
- Information Technology/Systems: Bursary aims at attracting and funding Information technology/Systems students who have a passion and a vision for ensuring dynamic outputs in an area known for ongoing change.
- Data Science: Shoprite has successfully started its very own Data Science Academy, producing top-level specialists in the field of data science. This bursary will help you cover your academic fees while you complete your university programme and guarantee you a spot in the academy when you graduate.
- Logistics/ Supply Chain: The Bursary aims at attracting and funding future Logistics and Supply Chain specialists to join the leading fast-moving consumer goods retailer in Africa on distribution and related activities.
- Retail/Hospitality Business Management: The Bursary aims at attracting and funding future Trainee Retail Managers who want to follow the lucrative management career in Retail.
- Pharmacy: The Bursary aims at attracting and funding talented Pharmacy and Pharmacy Technician students who have a passion for Health Care in the Retail Industry. The Bursary is available for 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th-year students.
- South African citizenship
- Grade 12 with an average of 70% and above
- 27 years old and younger
- For Accounting (CA Stream – SAICA):
- A Bachelors of Accounting or BCom Accounting
- Students in 2nd academic year
- A Minimum 65% academic aggregate
- For Information Technology:
- BSc/BCom/Btech (Advance Diploma) majoring in Information Technology/Systems Analysis.
- The Bursary is available for students in 2nd to 4th year / Honours academic year
- For Data Science:
- Degree or postgraduate qualification in Data Science, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Operational Research, Industrial Engineering & Quantitative Management (or similar quantitative degree)
- Students in their 2nd to 4th academic year/Honours
- Minimum 65% in Mathematics (from 2nd year of study)
- A Minimum 60% academic aggregate
- For Logistics/ Supply Chain:
- A Bachelors of Commerce: Logistics (Quantitative Management), Bachelor of Science: Operational Research or related degree/qualification with an average of 60% plus.
- The Bursary is available for 1st, 2nd, 3rd-year students.
- Retail/Hospitality Business Management:
- National Diploma: Retail Business or equivalent qualification with an average of 60% plus.
- The Bursary is available for 1st, 2nd, 3rd year and B-Tech Students.
- Intend on studying towards a BPharm qualification in 2020
- Achieved a minimum overall average of 70% in Matric
- Currently in Matric
- Students of relevant qualifications with an average of 60% and above
- Accounting (CA Stream) – 30 April 2021
- Information Technology – 30 April 2021
- Data Science – 30 April 2021
- Logistics/ Supply Chain – currently closed
- Retail/Hospitality Business Management – currently closed
- Pharmacy Bursary (1st Year) – currently closed
How To Apply:
- Click Here To Apply For Accounting (CA Stream – SAICA) Bursary 2021
- Click Here To Apply For Information Technology/Systems Bursary 2021
- Click Here To Apply For Data Science Bursary 2021
NB: Applicants can also use a LinkedIn account also to start the online application process.