SFG Engineering Services: Human Resources Officer
Location: Wynberg, Western Cape
Contract type: Full-time, Permanent
- Minimum of 4-5 years’ experience in an HR role with exposure to BBBEE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management or Equivalent
- 4-5 years HR Generalist Experience
- Must live in the Wynberg area and surroundings
- Knowledge and Experience in Human Resource Practices and Procedures
- Legislative and Regulatory framework knowledge
- Excellent Communications Skills both written and verbal
- People Skills
- Provide day to day HR support across Cape Town and PE Regions.
- Ensure effective and accurate HR Administration.
- Maintain electronic and hard copy of personnel record systems containing all employment-related information.
- Conduct audits on employee personal files.
- Preparation of correspondence for any changes to employment terms and conditions.
- Preparation of employee termination documents e.g. UI 19, Provident Fund Withdrawal
- Documentation, and Dismissal Letters.
- Prepare monthly management reports i.e. absenteeism, training and disciplinary etc.
- Provide payroll support to the Payroll Specialist.
- Provide administration support in relation to all Provident Fund queries.
- Implementation of HR systems and processes.
- Point of contact to the HR Department.
- Assist employees with queries and complaints.
- Preparation of HR reports in conjunction with EE and B-BBEE reporting.
- Develop and maintain company organogram for the responsible regions.
- Communicate and advise line managers on the HR policies and procedures.
- Compliance with respective legislation; BCEA, LRA, SDA, ISO 9001 and ISO 13485 HR Standards
- Provide administrative support to the recruitment process according to the policies and procedures including:
- Placing of advertisements (both internally and externally);
- Liaising with recruitment agencies;
- Screening CV’s received against the job specification;
- Acting as point of contact for any candidate queries during the recruitment and selection process;
- Preparation of shortlisting and selection documentation for managers including printing / copying of interview forms;
- Compiling of employee offer letters and employment contracts;
- Administer appropriate assessments and background checks (ICT, Criminal,
- Reference Checks and Psychometric Assessment) with external providers for potential employees;
- Ensuring all relevant paperwork and information is provided to the Payroll Department for processing and;
- Assist line managers in developing an induction program to ensure a smooth on boarding process for the new employee.
- Conduct company’s induction presentation to new employees on the organizational values, policies, processes and day to day operations staff needs.
- Liaise with line managers on training interventions for the development and upskilling of staff.
- Liaise with external training providers to co-ordinate and administer training and development programmes.
- Ensure all training is actioned as mentioned in the Workplace Skills Plan (WSP).
- Maintain and update the Annual Training Record (ATR).
- Ensure employees are trained on all HR policies and procedures.
- Assist the HR Director in ensuring the development of employees is in line with the organization’s Skills Development Plan and Strategy.
- Assist the HR Director with the management of SETA relationships; effective use of discretionary funding; implementation of PIVOTAL programmes; yearly WSP and ATR submissions; development and implementation of annual skills plan together with Skills Development committee and line managers.
- Correspond and liaise with the Services SETA regarding Funded/Unfunded Learnerships.
- Provide disciplinary advice and support to line management and ensure policy and procedures are adhered to.
- Assist with preparations for disciplinary and grievance hearings as necessary.
- Manage and facilitate investigation, disciplinary inquiry processes and grievances
- Co-ordinate and draft disciplinary charges for disciplinary warnings and enquiries.
- Coordinate and facilitate counselling sessions and ensure proper HR processes and procedures are followed.
- Provide advice to Line Managers in relation to employee performance, conduct and absence management.
- Keeping abreast with new developments pertaining to legislative and employee matters.
- Ensure compliance with the Employment Equity Legislative Requirements.
- Completion and Submission of Employment Equity Reports (EEA2 and EEA4) to the Department of Labour.
- Recruit employees according to the Employment Equity Plan.
- Facilitate EE and Skills Meeting quarterly.
- Prepare quarterly report on Employment Equity.
- Assist the HR Director with the planning and administration of B-BBEE audit;
- Gather and collated information required form the respective departments.
- Compile B-BBEE gathering information spreadsheet and Audit File.
- Research, develop, monitor and evaluate worksite wellness initiatives designed to promote a culture that improves the health, safety, and well-being of employees.
- Prepare effective internal marketing of wellness programs to maximise participation within the organisation.
- Support the HR Director with the development and implementation of projects as required.
- Support the HR Director in researching and developing existing and new policies and procedures.
How to apply:
Apply for SFG Engineering Services: Human Resources Officer
If you do not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date, your application has been unsuccessful.