Sasol: Miner (Brandspruit Impumelelo)
Operating entity: Sasol Mining (Brandspruit Impumelelo)
Geographical area: Balfour (Dipaliseng)
ABOUT THE ROLE / PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To achieve performance targets in sections, through planning, organising and control of the day to day operations.
- Ensure that targets are met
- Improve performance and reduce costs
- Ensure team adheres to SOP’s and COP’s
- Provide safe and healthy working conditions
- Build capabilities of in-section personnel
- Conduct section inspections to eliminate risks
- Conform to legal and Sasol Mining requirements
- Identify and implement best practices
- Coach and develop sub-ordinates
- Execute administrative support work, efficiently and accurately.
In line with Sasol’s commitment to Employment Equity, preference will be given to suitable candidates from designated groups.
Should you not receive any response from Sasol within 30 days after the closing date of this advertisement, please consider your application unsuccessful.
In addition to a pre-employment medical examination, some positions may require a physical fitness assessment, as part of the normal pre-employment selection criteria.
- Grade 12/N3 (with Maths and English/Business English)
- Valid Blasting Certificate (for Fiery Mines)
- Valid First Aid Certificate
- Valid Red Ticket
- Valid driver’s license
- Competent A and 8 gasses
- 2-4 years’ experience of underground coal mining
- Experience and knowledge of Safety, Health and Environment and relevant Legislation
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
Self Mastery- Takes accountability for driving own growth through developing self awareness, reflecting, seeking feedback and self-correcting
Functional / Technical:
- Drive the Value Chain
- Conceptual ability
- Sound communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Able to function without supervision
Closing date: 30 June 2019
How to apply:
Click here to apply online for miner opportunity at Sasol
Note: Failure to provide Sasol with truthful information and valid documents will render your application null and void.
If you don’t hear from us within a month (30 days) after the closing date of the advert, please regard your application as unsuccessful.