Sasol: Maintenance Assistant/Operator
Req Id 76029
Operating entity: Secunda Synfuels Operations
Geographical area: Secunda, Mpumalanga, South Africa
ABOUT THE ROLE / PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Maintenance Assistants/Operators are critical to ensure that essential maintenance activities are executed timeously to support plant operations. Secunda Synfuels Operations (SSO) operates the world’s largest coal-to-liquids (CTL) facility and produces synthesis gas (syngas) through coal gasification and natural gas reforming, using Sasol’s unique and proprietary Fischer-Tropsch technology to manufacture synthetic fuel components, pipeline gas and chemical feedstock.
- Prepare equipment for inspection (Lifting Equipment, Hydraulic Equipment, Generators etc.)
- Report deviations and defects to Foreman.
- Keep registration & Issuing lists of spares and tools up to date
- Assist Artisans in daily activities.
- Good Housekeeping and high Safety standards
- Attend to area stores and laydown areas.
- Do regular stock takes and report to foreman
- In addition to a pre-employment medical examination, this position requires physical fitness assessment as part of the selection criteria.
- Driver’s license (must)
- Forklift and Tractor license (wish)
- National Senior Certificate Matric Gr 12 (with English, Mathematics and Physical Science) / N3 (equivalent to Gr 12 / Matric) (Must)
- NQF 2 Mechanical occupational qualification (preferred)
- Basic mechanical maintenance understanding
- Preventative maintenance execution
- Background of store management
- Issue and receiving of equipment and tools
- Stock taking
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Takes accountability for driving own growth through developing self-awareness, reflecting, seeking feedback and self-correcting.
Influential: Persuades and influences stakeholders; builds relationships and partnerships for win-win outcomes.
Collaborative: Builds Teams and creates synergies through working across boundaries.
Behavioral (Technical skills Interpersonal skills)
- Communication skills
- Team player
- Work under pressure with minimal supervision
- Must be able to do physical labor
- Time and safety conscious
- Ability to carry out inspections and complete defect reports
Closing Date: 02 October 2019
How To Apply
Note: Failure to provide Sasol with truthful information and valid documents will render your application null and void. If you don’t hear from us within a month (30 days) after the closing date of the advert, please regard your application as unsuccessful.