Sasol Learner Technician (NPE)
Operating entity: SA Ops: Secunda Synfuels Operations
Geographical area: Secunda, Mpumalanga, South Africa
Department: Any SSO Department
Job Designation: Learner Technician (NPE)
ABOUT THE ROLE / PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The purpose of this internship is to provide:
- Completed S4/S5 University students the opportunity to complete the required 1 year P1 and P2 experiential learning required to obtain their National Diploma;
- Completed BEng Tech students the opportunity to complete 1 year of experiential learning.
Provides technical support to managers and engineers in specific designated environments by applying theoretical skills, making suggestions and assist in implementation of optimizing systems under supervision.
- Build customer relationships in order to understand their needs
- Standards are met in terms of quality, quantity and due dates
- Provide good quality results when accumulating data, processing data or reporting on data
- Manage own work planning and delivery in accordance with curriculum
- Identify optimization opportunities and assist with the implementation thereof, under supervision
- Develop suitable technical proposals based on practical and theoretical knowledge
- Provide technical support to multi-disciplinary teams in specific environments
- Perform all tasks cost-consciously
- Apply safety principles in the planning and execution of projects
- Attend six-monthly panel reviews to track and adjust performance.
- In addition to a pre-employment medical examination, positions will require a physical fitness assessment as part of the normal selection criteria.
- Preference will be given to applicants who are residing within our fence line communities.
- Proof of address will be required.
Qualifications and Experience:
A National Senior Certificate or N3 certificate with the subjects Mathematics, Engineering/Physical Science and English/Business English and:
- A completed S4 from a University of Technology in Mechanical, Electrical, Control or Chemical Engineering (excluding P1 and P2 – a letter from the University stating such will be required)
- A completed BEng Tech degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Control or Chemical Engineering
- A valid driver’s license
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Takes accountability for driving own growth through developing self-awareness, reflecting, seeking feedback and self-correcting.
Closing date: 25 July 2019
How To Apply:
Click Here To Apply Online For Sasol Learner Technician (NPE)
Note: This is a Non-permanent performance-based contract.
Failure to provide Sasol with truthful information and valid documents will render your application null and void.