Sasol Career Opportunities: Foreman (Roving Maintenance)
Location: South Africa – Mpumalanga
Req Id: 76027
ABOUT THE ROLE / PURPOSE OF THE JOB
- Management of the maintenance personnel, processes and activities in own specific section to enable individual mining team (Section) to reach production targets within the principles of QCDSM
- Carries a 2.9.2 legal appointment for the mine
1. (Safe Production) – Conduct daily, weekly and monthly maintenance to ensure that the departments (sections) KPI’s are met, repair breakdowns in a timely cost effective manner to ensure minimal impact on production. Ensures that machines are overhauled on schedule.
- Maintenance cost vs R/t in appointed area
- Maintenance budget – actual vs. budget
- Availability of Equipment Downtime / shift / MTTF /MTTR (infrastructure and in-section equipment)
- Adherence to Overhaul / maintenance program – plan vs. actual
2. Operational projects, ensures engineering compliance, develops and implements engineering Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) in appointed area of responsibility.
- Ensures adherence to Engineering principles and legislation
- Compliance to engineering governance bodies (standardisation committees)
- SOP / COP implementation and adherence
3. Implements small engineering projects within section, monitors and gives feedback in terms of these projects.
- % delivery against OE initiatives
4. Carry out condition monitoring programs in appointed area of responsibility.
- Compliance to Condition monitoring program schedules.
- Failure trend analysis and root cause elimination
- Execution of Predictive Maintenance recommendations (backlog)
5. Safe Production – Support section and personnel to achieve set targets by coordinating planning within appointed area of responsibility.
- Rand per ton (R/t), Tons per CM per shift (t/cm/shift)
- Volumes vs. monthly TQF (Including Quality)
6. (Finance) – Control costs to ensure that maintenance practices are carried out within budget.
- Delivery against budget and reporting calendar vs. target
7. (SHE) – Ensure best in mine safety performance and continuous improvement of key safety metrics to maintain required RCR.
- SHE compliance rates vs. targets (especially major findings), % outstanding actions on findings
- Zero harm, Zero fatalities, LWDCR
8. Recruitment, training, coaching and career development
- Vacancy rates vs. Staff Establishment (vacancies incl. Absence due to TSD / PSD), AWOP, Successors for critical positions
- Key role turnover rate vs. industry average, absenteeism, employee engagement and enablement score (%), Tons/man/year, Monthly bonus targets
- Training days for department
- Planned Task observations
Please note the following clauses:
- The Sasol Group / Sasol Mining will never request you to make any cash deposits/payments as part of the recruitment process.
- In line with Sasol’s commitment to Employment Equity, preference will be given to suitable candidates from designated groups.
- In addition to a pre-employment medical examination, some positions may require a physical fitness assessment as part of the normal selection criteria.
- Matric /N3/Grade 12 with Maths & Science
- Valid Trade Test certificate as Electro Mechanic
- Valid Red Ticket able to obtain one
- Gas Testing and First Aid certificate
Specific experience required
- At least 5 years’ experience as an artisan.
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- SELF-MASTERY – Takes accountability for driving own growth through developing self-awareness, reflecting, seeking feedback and self-correcting.
- PARTNERSHIP LEADERSHIP
- Influential – Persuades and influences stakeholders; builds relationships and partnerships for win-win outcomes.
- Collaborative – Builds teams and creates synergies through working across boundaries.
Closing Date: 25 Sep 2019
How To Apply:
Note: Failure to provide Sasol with truthful information and valid documents will render your application null and void.
The Sasol Group / Sasol Mining will never request you to make any cash deposits/payments as part of the recruitment process.