Sasol Artisan: Millwright x 2
Business Unit: Sasol Base Chemicals Explosives
Location: Rustenburg Northwest & Carletonville ( Mponeng Mine) Gauteng
Base Chemicals markets a broad portfolio of commodity chemicals globally. The business consists of three key divisions: Polymers, Solvents, and Explosives & Fertilisers (E&F).
Our key products include:
- polymers (polyethylene, polypropylene, polyvinyl chloride);
- solvents (ketones, alcohols, acrylates), chlor-alkali chemicals (caustic soda, hydrochloric acid) and mining reagents (cyanide);
- bulk and packaged explosives including specialised blasting accessories;
- ammonium nitrate base products; and sulphur derivatives.
To support our customers we operate a Polymer Technology Services Center that provides research and development relating to polymer-related applications. We also provide agronomic and product support to our fertiliser customers as well as full blasting service and product support to our mining industry customers.
ABOUT THE ROLE / PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Purpose of the Job:
To ensure continuous Explosives Charging Unit availability through effective maintenance and service. To maintain Charging Units and handling of breakdown underground.
- Fault Finding on Electrical and Hydraulic systems.
- Handle electrical and mechanical breakdowns on explosives charging units, transfer pumps and delivery tanker pumps.
- Preventative maintenance on charging units and transfer pumps.
- Get service documentation signed off, maintain filing system and ensure records are sent to supervisor.
- Coaching and training Sasol first line breakdown maintenance personnel.
- Hydraulic faultfinding and maintenance.
- General office equipment and portable electrical equipment maintenance.
- Daily liaison with mining and Sasol site personnel regarding breakdowns, spares and equipment.
- Assist with technical investigations.
- Identification of defects, reporting to supervisor, compiling works lists to address defects.
- Manage safety issues.
- Establish a maintenance store on surface and underground. Manage spares stock levels and reorder of spares.
- Site and equipment establishment and commissioning new sites (including cross border operations) – if required.
Specific Experience Required:
- Electrical/Mechanical/Instrumentation experience
- Minimum five years maintenance experience
- Welding skills
- Experience on the following equipment will be an advantage:
- Mono positive displacement pumps
- Pressure and temperature transmitters
Required outputs; Functional:
- Instrument fault finding
- Mechanical faultfinding
- Hydraulic fault finding
- Monthly services and inspections
- Ensure safety on area of responsibility
- Manage and control spares
- Grade 12/N3 (Maths and Science)
- Millwright / Electromechanic (or relevant recognised trade)
- Code EB drivers licence
- Red Ticket
- Fit for underground work
- 5 years experience
- Plan and schedule own work as and when required
- Share and implement best practices
- Examine equipment and complete safety checklist
- Compliance to all legal requirements
- Adhere to all safety and work standards
- Must be able to do standby
- Must be willing to travel extensively and work / sleep away from home – if required.
- Actively participate in discussions to improve maintenance and quality
- Be safety conscious and practice good house keeping
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Self Mastery – Takes accountability for driving own growth through developing self-awareness, reflecting, seeking feedback and self-correcting.
- Partnership Leadership – Builds Teams and creates synergies through working across boundaries.
- Planning,organising and coordination skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Time management skills.
- Computer literate.
- Be a motivated self starter and willing to learn.
- Problem solving and analytical trouble shooting.
- Sense of ownership.
- Job maturity.
- Conceptual ability-problem solving and decision making
- Strategic-planning-innovation-risk assessment
Closing Date: 18 August 2019
HOW TO APPLY:
Click Here To Apply For Sasol Artisan: Millwright x 2