Sanlam: Topp Program – CA Traineeship 2020 / 2021
Traineeship Location: Bellville, Western Cape, South Africa
Traineeship Provider: Sanlam
Sanlam invites applicants to apply for Topp Program – CA Traineeship 2020 / 2021. The duration of this Traineeship is 3 years. We’re all about building strong, lasting relationships with our employees. We know that you have hopes for your future – your career, your personal development and of achieving great things. We pride ourselves in helping our employees to realise their worth. Through its business clusters – Sanlam Personal Finance, Sanlam Emerging Markets, Sanlam Investments, Sanlam Corporate, Santam, Miway, as well as the Group Office – the group provides many opportunities for growth and development.
What will you do?
The Sanlam CA Training Programme is guided by the SAICA regulations, which requires practical experience to obtain competence in technical and professional skills over the three years. The technical competencies include Accounting & External Reporting, Financial Management, Management Decision Making & Control, Taxation, Risk Management & Governance, and Auditing & Assurance. The professional competencies include Professional Conduct, Management & Leadership, Personal Attributes, and Information Technology. With the Sanlam CA Training Programme, trainees are placed on rotations at Group and within the clusters to obtain the relevant exposure to achieve the prescribed SAICA competencies.
What will make you successful in this role?
- Complete the formal educational programme in which practical experience and training (from Sanlam as Training Office), as prescribed by the South African Institute of Chartered Accounts (SAICA), are obtained to be able to qualify as a Chartered Accountant (SA).
- Assist with the annual reporting process
- Assist with ad-hoc projects
Qualification and Experience:
- B.Comm (Honours) Accountancy or the equivalent of CTA.
- Experience in a financial department (advantageous).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word (advantageous).
Knowledge and Skills:
- Financial Accounting
- Financial Management Taxation
- Managerial Accounting
- Internal and External Audit
- Self-development – Contributing independently
- Decision quality – Contributing independently
- Financial acumen – Contributing independently
- Optimises work processes – Contributing independently
- Being resilient – Contributing independently
- Customer focus – Contributing independently
- Collaborates – Contributing independently
- Drives results – Contributing independently
- Cultivates innovation – Contributing independently
The shortlisting process will only start once the application due date has been reached. The time taken to complete this process will depend on how far you progress and the availability of managers. The application closing date is 31 May 2020.
Our commitment to transformation:
Closing Date: 31 May 2020
How To Apply:
NB! PLEASE UPLOAD A COPY OF YOUR LATEST ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPT TO YOUR ONLINE APPLICATION (WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO CONSIDER YOUR APPLICATION IF YOU HAVE NOT UPLOADED A COPY OF YOUR LATEST ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPT)