Sanlam: Personal Assistant
Location: Kimberley, Northern Cape, South Africa
Company: Sanlam Group
Who are we?
SPF Distribution, is dedicated to supporting, growing and empowering clients with affordable, easy and suitable solutions, primarily through face-to-face intermediary channels, but also directly. We have approximately 2,000 tied advisers and 2,000 supporting independent brokers, all dedicated to meet the financial needs of our clients.
Our vision: We aspire to be the best at building enduring relationships by connecting clients and intermediaries. We create sustainable value by attracting new clients, supporting ongoing client engagement and providing adaptive solutions designed to answer life’s financial questions. Ultimately we grow and protect wealth
What will you do?
Provide and deliver an effective and comprehensive administrative support service to the Management Team, as well as fulfil a first-line client interaction point function. Act as a liaison in the relationship between the managers and the Sanlam financial advisers (to enhance business continuity) and existing and potential clients.
The ideal individual must have strong administrative skills and strong planning and organisation skills, be detail-orientated, structured, have good communication skills and the ability to multi-task in a high performance culture environment.
Provide secretarial support to the business unit and management team in terms of the following:
- Organising meetings, functions, presentations and conferences, note-taking
- Diary management / Reminding manager of important tasks & deadlines
- Mail and information management
- Client liaison
- Time and priority management
- Office and telephone administration/Maintaining procedures/Administration systems
- Typing, compiling & preparing reports, presentation & correspondence
- E2 Financial payments & order supplies & SRS requests / Budget control
- Appointments and terminations, nomination process of advisors
- Assist with arranging training and documentation of advisers’ Study schools, Wise-up, Boost your business, Webinars for training
- Travel arrangements (booking and arranging travel, transport & accommodation)
- SAP capturing (training)
- Monthly feedback
- Graduate arrangements
- Distribution list – Address book
What will make you successful in this role?
- Certificate/diploma in administration/secretarial would be advantageous
- 2 years’ proven experience in office administration and/or as personal assistant, specifically in the financial services industry will be advantageous
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite i.e. PowerPoint, Excel, Word
- Knowledge of SanFin, SanQuote and AutoNub would be advantageous
- Driver’s license and own vehicle essential
- Communication & Literacy
- Adaptability / flexible
- Concern for accuracy and attention to detail and order
- Technical knowledge & skills
- Treating customers fairly (TCF)
- Stress tolerance
- Managing work
- Organization / Time Management
- Detailed orientated
Closing Date: 04 September 2019
How To Apply:
The Sanlam Group is committed to achieving transformation and embraces diversity. This commitment is what drives us to achieve a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace as we believe that these are key components to ensuring a thriving and sustainable business in South Africa. The Group’s Employment Equity plan and targets will be considered as part of the selection process.