Sanlam: Learner – Broker Administrator
Location: Klerksdorp, North West, South Africa
Company: Sanlam Group
Who are we?
Sanlam is one of the leading financial services providers in the South African lower growth market. We’re in the business of planning for tomorrow by the continual pursuit of meticulously crafting our clients’ futures. We do this by truly appreciating the value of money and turning the materials, we’re trusted with into something more. It’s our trade and it is something we are passionate about. It’s what makes us Wealthsmiths™.
The ability to demonstrate, understanding and apply our Sanlam values is embedded in all roles. Applicants must exhibit their commitment to the values as part of the application process.
- Lead with courage
- Serve with pride
- Care because we respect each other
- Act with integrity & accountability
- Grow value through innovation & superior performance
- Checking validity of New Business Application forms and recruitment documents.
- Capturing New Business.
- Switchboard and reception duties.
- Monitoring monthly report statistics.
- Compiling monthly statistics.
- Liaison with Head Office, Brokers and Customers.
- Preparation of documentation.
- Typing general correspondence and minute taking.
- General office duties: faxing, filing, e-mail, petty cash and assisting with other functions on an adhoc basis
- Assisting with recruitment of reps.
Qualification & experience
Knowledge and skills
- Computer literacy in MS Word and Excel is essential.
- Experience in the Insurance industry an advantage.
- Proven working experience in a customer service environment with emphasis on administration or in a P.A capacity.
- Preference will be given to candidates from the Insurance industry
- Typing speed of 50 wpm
- Plans and aligns – Contributing dependently
- Communicates effectively – Contributing dependently
- Action orientated – Contributing dependently
- Optimize work processes – Contributing dependently
We’re all about building strong, lasting relationships with our employees. We know that you have hopes for your future – your career, your personal development and of achieving great things. We pride ourselves in helping our employees to realise their worth. Through its business clusters – Sanlam Personal Finance, Sanlam Emerging Markets, Sanlam Investments, Sanlam Corporate, Santam, Miway, as well as the Group Office – the group provides many opportunities for growth and development.
- Being resilient – Contributing dependently
- Customer focus – Contributing dependently
- Collaborates – Contributing dependently
- Cultivates innovation – Contributing dependently
- Drives results – Contributing dependently
The shortlisting process will only start once the application due date has been reached. The time taken to complete this process will depend on how far you progress and the availability of managers.
How to apply
The Sanlam Group is committed to transformation and embracing diversity and our employment equity plan and targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. This commitment is what drives us to achieve a diverse workplace with employment equity as a key goal to create an inclusive workforce, representative of the demographics of our society as well as people with disabilities.