Sanlam: Broker Administrator Learner
Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa
Company: Sanlam Group
Who are we?
Sanlam is one of the leading financial services providers in the South African lower growth market. We’re in the business of planning for tomorrow by the continual pursuit of meticulously crafting our clients’ futures. We do this by truly appreciating the value of money and turning the materials, we’re trusted with into something more. It’s our trade and it is something we are passionate about. It’s what makes us Wealthsmiths™.
The ability to demonstrate, understanding and apply our Sanlam values is embedded in all roles. Applicants must exhibit their commitment to the values as part of the application process.
- Lead with courage
- Serve with pride
- Care because we respect each other
- Act with integrity & accountability
- Grow value through innovation & superior performance
- Checking validity of New Business Application forms and recruitment documents.
- Capturing New Business.
- Switchboard and reception duties.
- Monitoring monthly report statistics.
- Compiling monthly statistics.
- Liaison with Head Office, Brokers and Customers.
- Preparation of documentation.
- Typing general correspondence and minute taking.
- General office duties: faxing, filing, e-mail, petty cash and assisting with other functions on an adhoc basis
- Assisting with recruitment of reps.
Qualification & experience
Knowledge and skills
- Experience in the Insurance industry an advantage.
- Computer literacy in MS Word and Excel is essential
- Proven working experience in a customer service environment with emphasis on administration or in a P.A capacity.
- Preference will be given to candidates from the Insurance industry
- Typing speed of 50 wpm
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Use initiative.
- Team player.
- Deadline driven.
- Quality orientated.
- Good planning and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Customer Service Orientated.
- Plans and aligns – Stage 1
- Communicates effectively – Stage 1
- Action orientated – Stage 1
- Optimises work processes – Stage 1
We’re all about building strong, lasting relationships with our employees. We know that you have hopes for your future – your career, your personal development and of achieving great things. We pride ourselves in helping our employees to realise their worth. Through its business clusters – Sanlam Personal Finance, Sanlam Emerging Markets, Sanlam Investments, Sanlam Corporate, Santam, Miway, as well as the Group Office – the group provides many opportunities for growth and development.
- Being resilient – Stage 1
- Customer focus – Stage 1
- Collaborates – Stage 1
- Cultivates innovation – Stage 1
- Drives results – Stage 1
The shortlisting process will only start once the application due date has been reached. The time taken to complete this process will depend on how far you progress and the availability of managers.