SAMRO: Industrial Relations Advisor
SAMRO: Industrial Relations Advisor
Job Title: Industrial Relations Advisor (Part-time Service Provider)
Contract Type: 1 Year Fixed Contract
Department: Human Resources
Reports to: Human Resource-General Manager
SAMRO Vacancy Introduction:
The above vacancy exists within the Human Resources Department and reports to the General Manager: Human Resources. The ideal candidate will be someone who has a relevant qualification in labour law /labour relations and has at least 5 years’ specialist IR experience.
Key Performance Areas:
- Discipline and grievance proceedings
- Employee Relations
- Ensure Customer satisfaction
- Health and Safety
Industrial Relations Advisor’s Key Responsibilities:
- Reviewing of the organization’s Disciplinary Code of Conduct policies and procedures;
- Monitor adherence to Disciplinary and Grievance processes;
- Facilitate grievance and disciplinary hearings or other related meetings;
- Keep record and report of disciplinary statistics;
- Represent the organization in CCMA hearings;
- Research case law or outcomes of previous cases;
- Facilitate, monitor and implement sound employee relations practices aligned to the applicable legislation;
- Analyze IR trends and make suitable recommendations;
- Support IR related training within the organization and train managers and supervisors on topics related to labour relations, such as working conditions, safety, or equal opportunity practices;
- Facilitate IR/Labour Law/Disciplinary training;
- Monitor internal and external labour trends;
- Facilitate relationship building between stakeholders, management and the union;
- Develop, implement and maintain relevant ER policies and procedures;
- Enforce adherence to ER policies and procedures across the business;
- Interpret contractual agreements for the organization and employees engaged in collective bargaining or other labour relations processes;
- Draft contract proposals or counter-proposals for collective bargaining or other labour negotiations;
- Develop methods to monitor employee satisfaction and working conditions;
- Review employer practices or employee data to ensure compliance on matters such as conditions of employment;
- Prepare reports or presentations to communicate employee satisfaction or related data to management;
- Participate in risk assessment of external and internal influences to the organization, and significant incident investigations.
Industrial Relations Advisor Minimum Requirements:
- National Diploma in Labour Relations/Labour Law, or relevant degree plus a postgraduate qualification in Labour Relations;
- A minimum of 5 years’ specialist experience in IR within a unionized environment;
- Sound knowledge of HR practices;
- Sound understanding of SA labour legislation;
- Extensive experience at the CCMA;
- Strong administration skills;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Computer literate; and
- Required to be based at SAMRO offices for at least 3 days a week. However, in light of the current COVID-19 pandemic working from home will be permitted.
- Problem-solving ability;
- Good interpersonal skills; and
Closing Date: 15 August 2020
How To Apply For SAMRO: Industrial Relations Advisor
- If you meet all the above requirements, send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All positions will be filled in accordance with our Employment Equity plan and Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment requirements.
- The closing date to send your application is 15 August 2020.
- If you have not heard anything from us after 2 weeks of applying, please consider your application unsuccessful.