SAB: PACKAGING LEARNER PROGRAMME 2020
Reference Code: SAB-ZA-29456
Our Dream is to bring people together for a better world. Beer, the original social network, has been bringing people together for thousands of years. We are committed to building great brands that stand the test of time and to brewing the best beers using the finest natural ingredients.
Our diverse portfolio of well over 400 beer brands includes global brands Budweiser, Corona and Stella Artois; multi-country brands Beck’s, Castle, Castle Lite, Hoegaarden, and Leffe; and local champions such as Aguila, Bud Light, Jupiler, Klinskoye, Modelo Especial, Quilmes, Skol, and Victoria.
Our brewing heritage dates back more than 600 years, spanning continents and generations. From our European roots at the Den Hoorn brewery in Leuven, Belgium. To the pioneering spirit of the Anheuser & Co brewery in St. Louis, US. To the creation of the Castle Brewery in South Africa during the Johannesburg gold rush. To Bohemia, the first brewery in Brazil. Geographically diversified with a balanced exposure to developed and developing markets, we leverage the collective strengths of approximately 200,000 employees based in more than 50 countries worldwide.
Key Purpose Statement:
To provide 6 individuals with an opportunity to enrol for a National Certificate in Food and Beverage Packaging NQF 3. They will enter into a one-year, fixed term contract with Prospecton Brewery, during which they will undergo both on-the-job and off-the-job learning, culminating in a national qualification.
- Minimum Matric with Maths & English
- Technical Courses (N2,N3,N4,N5 or N6) will be an added advantage.
- Self motivated
- Attention to detail
- Ability to interact well in teams
- Ability to work effectively in teams.
Output and Accountabilities:
The Learnership is a structured learning programme that combines on-the-job in an integrated programme. The off-the-job component covers more theoretical aspects of the learning with work based learning providing the opportunity for application of the theory and the further learning experiences required.
Further characteristics of a Learnership are:
- A Learnership leads to a national qualification on the (NQF) National Qualifications Framework.
- The qualification is based on SAQA (South African Qualifications Authority) registered unit standards. The unit standards are written to reflect value adding skills required in the workplace and contains outcomes and assessment criteria.
- Competence is demonstrated in the workplace utilising a variety of assessment methods and using the assessment criteria as the standard of performance.
AB InBev is an equal opportunity employer and all appointments will be made in line with AB InBev employment equity plan and talent requirements.
The advert has minimum requirements listed. Management reserves the right to use additional/ relevant information as criteria for short-listing.