SA Chefs Bryan Montgomery Bursary Fund 2020
ABOUT THE SOUTH AFRICAN CHEFS ASSOCIATION:
The South African Chefs Association (SA Chefs) is a non-profit industry body which represents talented chefs, cooks and caterers at all levels within the country. Founded in 1974, the Association currently has in excess of 9600 members, including cooks, chefs, restaurateurs, catering and hotel company directors, culinary educators, apprentices and trainees.
SA Chefs plays a vital role in training and improving the standards of the hospitality industry.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME:
The South African Chefs Association will be awarding the Bryan Montgomery Bursary Fund (BMBF) to young trainee who are studying to become a chef. Students must be pursuing their studies towards a recognised culinary training programme at a SACA-approved culinary institution.
Bursaries are awarded to the value of R35 000 towards the current years tuition fees.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted – if you have not received any feedback within 2 months of the application deadline, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen and resident OR South African permanent resident
- Between 18 and 25 years old
- Completed Matric or equivalent
- Enrolled to study towards a recognised culinary training programme (course of study must be a minimum of 12 months)
- Enrolled to study at an SA Chefs Training Member institution
- An SA Chefs Member OR intend on becoming an SA Chefs Member once enrolled at culinary school
- Intend on pursuing a career in professional cookery
- Willing to be available to SA Chefs and sponsors for PR purposes
CLOSING DATE: 30 January 2020
HOW TO APPLY:
Download and complete the SANA-Bursary-Application-Form-2020 (.pdf)
Applications must be submitted in one of the following ways:
1) Email: email@example.com
(Insert the words “BMBF Bursary Application – Your Full Name” in the email subject line).
The South African Chefs Association
PO Box 291305
(Attention: Daniella Wiener)