RCL Foods: PAYROLL OFFICER (RCL190927-1)
Job Title: Payroll Officer
Function or Department: Talent Pool
Job Type Classification: Talent Pool
Location – Town / City: All Towns
Location – Province: All Provinces
Location – Country: South Africa
RCL FOODS is currently building a Talent Pool of skilled Payroll Officer to potentially join our business when a need arises. The roles are based nationally and report to the Payroll Controller. RCL FOODS is looking for a skilled individual who has payroll function experience within a manufacturing plant environment.
The Payroll Officer’s purpose is to:
- Manage the payroll function and generate accurate and timely monthly payrolls.
- Work with HR and other departments to improve payroll processes.
- Provide analysis of corporate payroll-related statistics
- Diploma in Accounting or B.Com in Accounting
- 3 years experience in a payroll function
- 1 year SAP experience (preferable)
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Receive and review information received for completeness, accuracy and authorisation.
- Process the Monthly Bargaining and Non Bargaining Unit payroll ensuring that pensions and other statutory and voluntary deductions have been accurately calculated, deducted and accounted for.
- Ensure that any correspondence relating to the payroll is properly actioned and filed.
- Manage the end to end processing of the payroll.
- Liaise with staff and management on payroll related queries.
- Interpret awards/agreements and contracts in relation to overtime, shift allowances etc.
- Calculate and process termination payments.
- Process increases and calculate back pay.
- Responsible for the reconciliation of month-end third party payments.
- Ensure that payslips are produced accurately and distributed to staff after checking for errors or omissions.
- Ensure that all amendments are properly recorded (filed) with good narratives and properly authorised.
- Liaise with personnel in maintaining and updating employee information (i.e. new employees and leavers, sick pay, etc as required).
- Update, maintain and safeguard all payroll records by ensuring that all records are opened, updated and filed in accordance with quality and security standards.
- Responsible for the opening, updating and maintenance of payroll records and files.
- Manage the deduction of employee tax.
- Manage the request and processing of tax directives.
- Manage and control the issuing of IRP5/IT3(A) certificates.
- Analyse and report regularly on the payroll to the Payroll Manager.
- On a monthly basis, analyse actual paid per employee by department, showing all relevant remuneration, allowance and deduction components.
- Compile and maintain leave, sickness and overtime reports.
- Compile the monthly headcount report with narratives regarding movements and employment types.
- Assist in departmental payroll budget preparation.