Rand Water: Fitter (Dry Trade)
Reference Number: RAN191031-2
Portfolio: Bulk Water Services – Operations
Job Type Classification: Permanent
Location: Zuikerbosch, Three Rivers East, Vereeniging, Gauteng, South Africa
Job Advert Summary:
Reporting to the Mechanical Foreperson the successful candidate will ensure that the allocated plant is kept in a safe and reliable standard as required by Rand Water.
- N3 coupled with a recognised trade test.
- 4 years post-apprenticeship experience in fitting field
- A valid driver’s licence and ability to pass Rand Water’s K53 test.
- Knowledge of OHSA Act and its application
- Managing maintenance processes and attending to breakdowns.
- Fault finding and repairs on pumps, compressors, valves and other mechanical equipment and installations.
- Identify and reporting of faulty and underperforming plant and equipment
- Perform standby duties when required
- To work overtime when required
- Complete all schedules, work instructions, time sheets and defects.
- Assist Head Office personnel and contractors for all work done to their jobs effective and safety (i.e. isolate, test, coordinate work, etc.)
- To ensure all safety precautions are followed when working with tools and equipment.
- Housekeeping will be adhered to at all times
- Operation of field mechanical equipment
- Water purification and treatment process
- Reliability centered maintenance
- Root cause analysis
- Communication skills (verbal and written)
- Analytical skills to do fault finding and problem solving
- Self-motivated and team player.
- Safety conscious.
- Performance driven.
- Team work.
- Customer service orientation.