Rand Water: Electrical Foreman
Reference Number: RAN191031-1
Portfolio: Bulk Water Services – Operations
Job Type Classification: Permanent
Location: Zuikerbosch, Three Rivers East, Vereeniging, Gauteng, South Africa
Job Advert Summary:
To effectively supervise the electrical maintenance resources to ensure optimum plant availability and reliability a Zuikerbosch.
- Grade 12 (Senior Certificate)
- Minimum N5 coupled with a recognized trade test qualification in the electrical environment.
- Five years experience (post apprenticeship) within a plant maintenance environment.
- Minimum five years experience in a supervisory capacity. • 2 years HV electrical switching experience desirable.
- Experience in fault finding on HV & LV reticulation.
- Successful completion of the Supervisory Development Program (SDP) or equivalent will be an advantage.
- A wireman’s licence is a further prerequisite.
- Computer literacy in MS word and excel.
- A valid code B driver’s licence as well as ability to pass Rand Water K53 test.
- To ensure that planned maintenance is carried out.
- To participate in or supervise designated projects.
- To carry out risk analyses and participate in SHEQ related activities.
- To supervise a team of artisans and assistants.
- To perform routine plant inspections and initiate corrective actions.
- To carry out competence testing on subordinates.
- To liaise with internal and external stakeholders.
- Operation and fault finding in electrical HV and LV systems.
- SHEQ legislations and application.
- Budget control.
- Root cause failure analyses.
- Knowledge of Electrical Protection
- In depth knowledge of HV and LV Motors
- Basic knowledge of PLC’s
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to plan and organise daily tasks.
- Ability to work accurately under pressure.
- Ability to analyse, fault find and solve problems.
- Ability to lead and provide sound labour relations within a team.
- Performance driven
- Attention to detail
- Quality orientated
- Team orientated