PG Group: Process Technician
Location: EC, ZA
Company: PG Group
Shatterprufe® is the leading manufacturer and distributor of OE Auto and aftermarket replacement glass products. The company manufactures genuine Shatterprufe® laminated windscreens and Armourplate® toughened automotive safety glass products. Three automotive glass plants manufacture over 4 million pieces of laminated and toughened glass a year for customers worldwide. Shatterprufe® products are installed by Original Motor manufacturers in Southern Africa.
Main job purpose:
Responsible for monitoring and improving manufacturing and Engineering processes by detecting and reducing losses in the manufacturing area in order to optimise production through continuous process improvement in support of Shatterprufe Manufacturing strategy.
- To reduce losses and optimise production through continuous investigation, analysis and problem solving relevant to applicable processes and machines within in the area in order to minimise downtime.
- Responsible for developing and up skilling Production personnel in line with process requirements to ensure that production is enabled to conduct their tasks efficiently and effectively and losses and downtime is kept to a minimum.
- Responsible for establishing and updating the loss database for easy reference in fault identification and problem solving in order to take timeous and effective corrective actions and to keep downtime to a minimum.
- Responsible for ensuring that Work Instructions, procedures and processes are standardised across all shifts in line with legal, production and environmental standards, so as to ensure zero findings during audits.
- To support NPD with Tooling and process requirements for each new product according to project plan and specifications whilst ensuring that standard losses are maintained or improved upon.
- To effectively communicate with stakeholders to ensure that changes, concerns and learnings are effectively communicated to facilitate process understanding and minimise risk.
Critical job requirements:
- Grade 12
- National Diploma in Engineering (Chemical, Electrical, Mechanical Engineering or Analytical Chemistry )
- Working knowledge in analytical fault detection
- Proficient in SAP and BI reports
- Sound working knowledge of SPC, FMEA, SOP’s, Control Plans, PPAP/APQP, MSA
- Presentation Skills
- Communication Skills (Verbal and written)
- Interpersonal Skills
- MS Office
- Problem Solving Techniques
- Analytical Skills
- 3 years production and/ or engineering experience.
- 3 years manufacturing
How To Apply:
PG Group, and its subsidiaries, are committed to the principles of employment equity and as such are equal opportunity employers. Qualified applicants who apply for any vacancies will be considered with due consideration based on of fairness and equity. Factors such as race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or disability are not consider exclusively and are not determinative of any appointments made by PG Group or its subsidiaries