Petra Diamonds: ICT Support Officer – Internal & External
Finsch Diamond Mine is located in the town of Lime Acres which is situated 160km north west of Kimberley and 109km south of Kuruman in the Northern Cape.
Job Grade: C2T
Reference Nr: FIN358
The successful applicant will respond to and resolve incidents involving information systems and related equipment
used at the workplace as well as provide assistance to users.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Record and action user problems, incidents and requests
- Provide first line problem solving to end users
- Evaluate hardware and software problems and request / take appropriate action
- Diagnose network problems / plan and execute solutions
- Responsible for all ICT related equipment, adhering to policies, maintaining asset registers
- Facilitating all warranty claims/exchanges
- Maintain Active Directory objects
- Build, manage and maintain healthy internal relationships with users
- Ensure adherence to Company Security & SHE policies, procedures and legal requirements.
- Grade 12
- Comptia A+ and N+ Certificates / Recognised Certificate in Computer Studies
- CCNA certified
- MCSE – Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as an ICT Technician
- Valid driver’s license
- Diploma in an ICT related field
- Good verbal and written communication in English
- Knowledge of and exposure to Hardware and Networks
- Knowledge and experience with Wireless Networking preferred
- System skills on Microsoft Office Suite
- Telephone etiquette
- Knowledge of ICT and infrastructure business processes / ICT practices
- Administrative skills, analytical skills, reporting skills, liaising and engaging skills
- Must be able to plan, organise, lead, consult and evaluate
- Be able to advise on system policies and best practices
- Adaptability; attention to detail; collaboration; continuous learning; diversity; problem solving
NB – The position requires physical manual labour – in terms of the installation of PC’s at the various work places Finsch Diamond Mine is an equal opportunity employer. Preference will be given to suitable candidates from the designated groups in line with the Company’s Employment Equity Policy and Plan and internal candidates. Pre screening, profile testing, assessments, medical and security clearance form part of the recruitment and selection process.
Short listed candidates will be required to attend a panel interview. Employment of the successful candidate is subject to the aforementioned criteria. Preference will be given to candidates who reside within our host labour sending area of Kgatelopele (proof of residence may be requested).
If you are already employed by the Company, please submit an authorised Internal Application Form, CV, qualifications and ID when applying.
Finsch Mine Contractor employees’ applications must be authorised by the Contract Manager on site and be in the employment of the Contractor company for at least 1 year to be eligible for consideration for this position.
Please note that should you not indicate your employment with an on-site contractor in your application, it might be construed as dishonesty and you might be exposed to a disciplinary process.
Closing date: 28 August 2019
How To Apply For ICT Support Officer:
Please complete an Application Form and forward, together with your résumé, qualifications and ID, to:
Please note, applications must be sent to the correct e-mail as indicated. Incomplete application forms and documentation will not be considered. Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only. Petra Diamonds reserves the right not to fill this position.
If you have not heard from us within 30 days of the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.