Petra Diamonds: Electrician Underground 2021
Petra Diamonds: Electrician Underground 2021
Reference Nr: KOFF365
Reporting to the Engineering Foreman, the role will be responsible for the installation, maintenance, fault finding and repair of electrical equipment within the electrical discipline according to sound engineering practice and equipment specifications.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide subject matter expertise and skills in area of responsibility; advising on solutions to enhance or ensure the effectiveness of the department/section.
- Perform inspections in accordance with the Mine Health and Safety Act Regulations and Manufacturing and Company Standards to report all defects and breakdowns on equipment and machinery to the Foreman.
- Assist Foreman in executing his/his duties as and when required.
- Responsible to monitor and identify spare requirements according to departmental procedure.
- Responsible for electrical motor installation and replacement.
- Responsible for electrical distribution and control cable installation, jointing and termination.
- Responsible for gully box installation and maintenance.
- Responsible for motor control centre and distribution board installation.
- Responsible for the installation of lighting systems.
- Responsible for medium voltage protection systems.
- Responsible for MV capacitor bank maintenance.
- Responsible for substation battery maintenance and general substation housekeeping.
- Responsible for medium voltage switching.
- Responsible for the maintenance of electrical equipment (e.g. MV and LV Switchgear, Electrical Motors, Lighting Systems, MCC panels, Electrical distribution boards).
- Responsible for conveyer maintenance.
- Responsible for overhead crane maintenance.
- Perform standby duties and attend to breakdowns.
- Tend to electrical breakdowns on trackless machinery.
- Engagement and Communication: Establish and maintain good working relationships and an effective sound communication system with the Engineering Function and operation.
- Company Policy & Procedures Compliance: Takes cognisance of and adhere to Company policies, procedures and relevant legislation. Manage and report on non-compliance issues.
- Safety, Health and Environment Compliance: Model behaviour that is consistent with the Company Safety, Health and Environment Vision and Values. Manage and report on non-compliance issues.
- Perform risk assessments (Activity based and Mini).
- Effective Team Player:
– Maintain and manage healthy relationships within own team and across teams.
– Responsible to provide support to team within area of responsibility.
– Responsible to share knowledge and skills with co-workers.
– Responsible to use communication and feedback channels effectively.”
- Effective Self Management: Responsible for managing own work performance and completing tasks as per set timelines and standards.
- Grade 10
- N2 Certificate
- Qualified Electrician Trade Certificate through a recognised institution and apprenticeship**
- 3 years post Apprenticeship/Qualification experience as an Electrician
- Valid Drivers’ License
** Candidates holding a QCTO (Section 26D) Trade Test, where the learning route is not specified on the Certificate, must submit the following: Statement of results issued by an accredited MQA trade test centre as well as evidence of training conducted at a technical training centre (e.g. Portfolio of Evidence, Logbooks). Should these documents not be submitted, the application will not be considered. Candidates holding S28 Trade Test certificates from non-Mining Sector centres will not be considered.
- Grade 12/N3
- Computer Literacy and Microsoft Office Suite
OTHER SKILLS / COMPETENCIES:
- Have knowledge and skill in diagnosing root causes of faults on machines and equipment.
- Have knowledge and skill in reading and interpreting technical diagrams, manuals and drawings.
- Detect faults and identify trends and report to ensure action to minimize losses or downtime.
- Have knowledge to identify and prioritised the critical tasks to be executed during the planned shutdown.
- Have knowledge and skill in assembling components in a logical order and according to specifications.
- Do Planned Maintenance on equipment according to OEM specifications and safe working procedures.
- Have knowledge and skill to complete job cards and record actions/findings.
- Respond and attend to breakdowns timeously and effectively to ensure minimum downtime and production losses.
- Identify the tools, spares and equipment required for the work activities.
PLEASE NOTE: Petra Diamonds is currently aligning its organisational structure to the operational model therefore all job titles and job profiles are under review. This may influence the grading of the position.
Closing Date: 10 March 2021
How To Apply:
Please click here to complete an application form and forward, together with your résumé, SAPs certified qualifications and ID, to:
If you are already employed by Petra Diamonds, please submit an authorised Internal Application Form, your résumé, qualifications and ID when applying.
Please note, applications must be sent to the correct e-mail as indicated. Incomplete application forms and documentation will not be considered. Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only. Petra Diamonds reserves the right not to fill this position.
If you have not heard from us within 30 days of the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Koffiefontein Diamond Mine is an equal opportunity employer. Preference will be given to suitable candidates from the designated groups in line with the Company’s Employment Equity Policy and Plan and internal candidates. Pre-screening, profile testing, assessments, medical and security clearance form part of the recruitment and selection process. Short listed candidates will be required to attend a panel interview. Employment of the successful candidate is subject to the aforementioned criteria. Preference will be given to candidates who reside within our host labour sending area of Letsemeng / Xhariep District Municipalities (proof of residence may be requested).
Please note that Petra Diamonds does not at any time require any form of payment for recruitment purposes. If you are approached in this regard, you should report the incident immediately via one of the following hotlines:
Toll Free: 0800 007 247; Phone Call: +27 31 571 5573; Fax: +27 31 560 7395; Email: email@example.com; Post: KZ 138, Umhlanga Rocks, 4320; Website: www.tip-offs.com