Netcare: Finance Internship Programme 2021
Netcare: Finance Internship Programme 2021
Location: Netcare Head Office
Reporting structure: Financial Manager
The Finance Intern: Compliance is responsible and accountable for providing support in ensuring that the Hospital Division is
conducting its business in full compliance with all national and international laws and regulations that pertain to its industry,
as well as professional standards, accepted business practices, and internal standards, including but not limited to applicable
taxation legislation, taxation practice, treasury practices, regulatory requirements, CSA requirement and internal policies and
KEY WORK OUTPUT AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Provide support to Netcare Hospitals with respect to Treasury Administration within the Hospital Division. This includes, but not limited to, facilitating user access administration (new user, user termination, changes in user access rights, re-set of passwords).
- Maintain and revise policies and procedures to ensure general compliance to treasury and fidelity requirements of the business.
- Maintain an effective compliance communication program for the division including promoting heightened awareness of Standards of Conduct and understanding of new and existing compliance issues and related policies and procedures.
- Periodically review and update Standards of Conduct to ensure continuing currency and relevance in providing guidance to management and employees in the Hospital division.
- Collaborate with all departments (e.g. Risk Management, Internal Audit, Human resources etc.) to direct compliance issues to appropriate existing channels for investigation and resolution.
- Respond to alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and Standards of Conduct by evaluating or recommending the initiation of investigative procedures.
- Monitor and coordinate compliance activities of other departments to remain abreast of the status of all compliance activities and to identify trends.
- Ensure personal awareness and compliance with pertinent policies / legislation.
- Participate in internal & external audit reviews and recommend implementation as per management instructions within the delegation of authority framework.
- Conduct Control Self-Assessment (CSA) Compliance Audits within the Hospital Division to ensure CSA Compliance.
- Provide CSA guidance and support to the Hospital Division.
- Periodically review and update Hospital Division CSAs to ensure they remain relevant to the control environment.
- Maintain and revise policies and procedures to ensure general compliance to maintain legal, ethical and proper conduct.
- Facilitate the completion of the Hospital Division IT14SDs.
- Provide support and guidance to the Hospital Division on the preparation of tax reporting packs to support Income Tax Returns.
- Provide support and guidance to the Hospital Division on the preparation of VAT reconciliations to support VAT returns.
- Provide support to the Hospital Division in resolution of all tax related queries.
- Promote the validity, accuracy and completeness of tax accounting principles applied in the business.
- Identify, record, quantify and manage the division’s exposure to tax and other financial risks.
- Conduct the necessary training, prepare manuals, update policy documents and implement procedures to comply with the Group requirements.
- Review and interpret current and proposed legislation and documents that impact on regulatory reporting or taxation requirements for Hospital Division.
- Maintain a working knowledge of statutes to contribute to ensuring all financial information meets the necessary statutory and regulatory compliance standards, including liaising with tax consultants and auditors.
- Communicate technical advice and provide assistance to the Accounting team in relation to financial reporting, treasury and taxation issues.
- Ensure proper reporting of violations or potential violations to management.
- Participate in various treasury, accounting, taxation and finance information system projects.
- Support and work closely with the finance team to ensure the appropriate tools, processes and reporting are developed and implemented to continuously improve processes, data integrity and reporting particularly in relation to tax and reporting obligations.
- Assume responsibility for own personal and professional development.
- Ensure that managerial behaviors are modelled and aligned to the Netcare values.
- Keep up to date with Netcare’s evolving policies and procedures.
- Actively participate as a member of the team to achieve goal
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Accounting / Finance or equivalent NQF 7 level qualification.
- Attention to detail and quality of deliverables.
- Accounting knowledge (IFRS and equivalent standards).
- Workable knowledge of key elements of the VAT Act, Income Tax Act and Companies Act and other relevant legislation.
- Advanced computer literacy (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) – High proficiency in Excel and spreadsheets and reconciliations.
- Report writing.
NON MANAGERIAL SKILLS:
- The capacity to recognise development areas in others and support them to facilitate personal development through coaching.
- The capacity to implement and support change initiatives and to provide leadership in times of uncertainty.
- The ability to evaluate and develop different levels of capacity within a team to achieve set objectives.
- Capable of recognising the need for action, considering possible risks and taking responsibility for results.
- Capable of making decisions timeously and taking responsibility for the consequences.
- Capacity to plan, organise and control own work environment by setting appropriate priorities and achieving set objectives within a given time frame.
- The capacity to identify and respond to the needs of *internal and external customers.
- Capable of supporting and advocating change initiatives and managing own reaction to change.
- The capacity to improve systems and processes to facilitate continuous improvement.
- Capacity to instil an ethic of quality and consistency in self and others.
- Capacity to establish constructive and effective relationships.
- The capacity to clearly present information, either written or verbal.
- Capacity to cooperate with others to work towards a common goal.
- The capacity to perform a technical function to required standards.
CLOSING DATE: 02 April 2021
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria are requested to e-mail a detailed CV to email@example.com
The Company’s approved Employment Equity plan and targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process aligned to the Group’s Employment Equity strategy. Netcare actively supports the recruitment of people with disabilities.