Nestle: Refrigeration Technician
Organization: Nestle (SA) Pty Ltd
Location: East London, Eastern Cape
Job Number: 1900041X
The main purpose of the role is to maintain and install refrigeration equipment in first class working condition, ensure efficient safe operation of machinery by setting and adjusting devices to within allowed tolerances and ensure all work carried out on premises must conform to SANS 10142 code and internal standards if more stringent in all areas of engineering, quality and safety health & environment and fault finding and attending to breakdowns in industrial services department
· Carry out the planned maintenance required on plant and Industrial services
· Incumbent has to be pro-active and prevent breakdowns on his/her patrols and shows initiative to continuously improve equipment performance.
· Install, service, repair and maintain existing and new equipment.
· Follow up and recommend actions to overcome and improve problems encountered.
· Attend to refrigeration l faults and breakdowns in the factory.
· Improve low cost automation.
· Project Management of maintenance tasks and major repairs.
· Perform ammonia survey as per Nestec documentation
· Maintain emergency equipment and response plan in refrigeration plants
· Perform safety checks as per requirements
· Faultfinding and programming on refrigeration instrumentation equipment, PLC’s and VSD,s.
· At least +N3 Certificate or Ammonia Diploma.
· Served Apprenticeship and qualified with a Trade Test Certificate.
· Ammonia Refrigeration Technician Certificate.
· Safe handling of all types of refrigerant and cooling mediums.
· A minimum of two years experience in the refrigeration field.
· Good interpersonal skills.
· Ability to work independently and under pressure.
· Computer literate (Excel, Word, PowerPoint SAP and AMM).
· Strong analytical & problem solving skills.
· In depth knowledge of Refrigeration PLC’s.
· In depth knowledge of maintenance practices.
Note: All applications MUST quote the reference number
Preference will be given to candidates from the designated group and people with disabilities. While Nestlé understands and accepts that staff members often need to join another division in order to pursue their career aspirations, you will need to notify your direct Manager in writing should wish to apply for this position.
Closing Date: 04/08/2019
How To Apply:
Click here to apply online for Nestle: Refrigeration Technician and attach updated copy of your CV, latest payslip, copy of your qualifications and copy of your ID.
Contact: Noxolo Nkosi for further assistance on 011-514-6000
All applications MUST quote the reference number stated above