Nedbank: Tech Specialist Vacancy
Nedbank: Tech Specialist Vacancy
Req Details: Req 102106
Position: Tech Specialist (Multi – Discipline)
Job Family: Information Technology
Career Stream: It Technical/Specialists
Leadership Pipeline: Manage Self (Expert)
Tech Specialist Job Purpose:
Provides specialist advise and counsel to functional and non-functional user personnel and project teams on the technical speciality of products. Work collaboratively with stakeholders, provide advice to business on best demonstrated practise for the specific product as well as integration across products. Identifies and resolves most complex technical issues related to specific product and cross product integration (final point of resolution before consulting externally)
- To effectively plan, in terms of cost and quality, Unified Communication and Collaboration (UCC) solutions accordingly to meet the needs of the enterprise and its staff in the medium and long term.
- To optimize the use of existing and planned capacity, manage quality, security and proactively monitor all aspects of the UCC Infrastructure and associated services.
- Determine, evaluate and document customer requirements.
- Assist in design of solutions and ensure that it is documented and maintained.
- Provide status, feedback and progress reports on new build and solution delivery and support deliverables, reporting risk, change, status and decisions required etc. to stakeholders.
- Ensure conformance to performance parameters and limits in all areas of planning, building and configuration of the products and infrastructure.
- Prepare Low-level design and configuration documentation as required.
- Contribute on policies, procedures and processes.
- Lab-testing of new technologies and solutions in terms of conformance, performance, interoperability and manageability.
- Provide project management for basic projects, including equipment specification and schedule management.
- Collaborate with Enterprise Architecture and Infrastructure Solution Design team to improve project workflow processes and meet with customers to discuss issues related to design and implementation.
- Understanding of Microsoft Office 365, Skype for Business and Teams
- Understanding of ACI, Ethernet, Routing, TCP/IP, OSI layer and network troubleshooting. Additionally, familiarity with concepts/protocols such as MPLS, BGP, iBGP, OSPF, Traffic Engineering, QoS, pseudo-wire, etc. is desirable together with experience IP Network Architecture and design, network administration, and implementation.
- Understanding of optical fibre characteristics and DWDM.
- Understanding wireless setup and support.
- Understanding of LAN and WAN.
- Understanding of firewalls.
- Manage Outsource Supplier responsible for delivering of the UCC service
- Fulfil the Product Owner Role for the UCC Squad
- Manage the Backlog of the UCC Squad
- Set clear Sprint Goals as per the Agile Framework for the UCC Squad
- Continuously evaluate that the signed-off Patterns for the UCC Service is relevant
- Participate in RFx initiatives as and when required
- Online Learning & Smart Classrooms solutions
- Digital Signage/ Data Visualization
- Corporate Audio Visual and collaboration solutions
- Enterprise Video Platforms (Live Streaming & Video on Demand Content)
- Broadcast Solutions
- Workspace Optimization & Room Management
Essential Qualifications – NQF Level:
- Advanced Diplomas/National 1st Degrees
Minimum Experience Level:
- Minimum 5 to 10 years’ experience in IT environment.
- Minimum 5 years working on End User Services and technologies
- Design, deployment and management of UCC Infrastructure components.
- Design, deployment and management of the Boardroom systems
Type of Exposure:
- Completed Reports and Achieved Budgets
- Designed Workforce Planning Solutions
- Developed and Implemented Communications Strategy
- Manage internal process
- Managed Transformation & Innovation
- Managed Process Results
- Managed Relationships
- Managed Self
- Supported Transformation, Change and continued Improvement
Technical / Professional Knowledge:
- Banking knowledge
- Business Acumen
- Business writing
- Principles of financial management
- Principles of project management
- Relevant regulatory knowledge
- Relevant software and systems knowledge
- Risk management process and frameworks
- Cluster Specific Operational Knowledge
- Information Technology concepts
- System Development Life cycle(SDLC)
- Role relevant related technologies
- Service orientated Architecture (SOA)
- IT Solutions Architecture
- IT Infrastructure Architecture
- Knowledge across multiple technologies
- IT Risk and security principes
- Usability and GUI techniques
- Multiple operating system
- Systems Analysis and design
Closing Date – 06 July 2020
How To Apply:
For Inquiries, please contact the Nedbank Recruiting Team at 0860 555 566