Nedbank: Personal Relationship Banker
Nedbank: Personal Relationship Banker
Job Title: Personal Relationship Banker
Requisition Details: Noluvuyo Dasheka – 103631
Job Family: Sales And Services
FAIS Affected: Yes
Personal Relationship Banker Job Purpose:
To deliver banking solutions to clients by understanding their business and needs through relationship management to achieve Nedbanks’ strategy to be the most admired bank.
- Deliver banking solutions that meet client needs through understanding of the client’s business and needs through relationship management.
- Demonstrate an understanding of risk parameters by managing client relationships according to credit principles
- Improve results by tracking and analysing financial reports against agreed measures.
- Understand the client’s business, and needs through proactive client relationship management according to portfolio mandate.
- Build relationships with internal stakeholders through communication and networking as determined by client needs.
- Collaborate with third parties by engaging with them as guided by requirements of solutions delivered to clients.
- Complete tasks through planning and reviewing against set targets.
- Manage resources (time, processes, and support teams) to optimize value against client expectations.
- Comply with risk standards, policies and procedures through training and development as required by group compliance framework
- Research and analyse information by using problem-solving techniques to propose solutions for work challenges.
- Support the achievement of the business strategy, objectives, and values by reviewing Nedbank and Business Unit Plan and ensuring delivered systems, processes, services, and solutions are aligned.
- Identify training courses and career progression for self through input and feedback from management.
- Ensure all personal development plan activities are completed within specified timeframe.
- Share knowledge and industry trends with team and stakeholders during formal and informal interaction.
- Obtain buy-in for developing new and/or enhanced processes (e.g. operational processes) that will improve the functioning of stakeholders’ businesses by highlighting benefits in support of the implementation of recommendations.
- Contribute to a culture conducive to the achievement of transformation goals by participating in Nedbank Culture building initiatives (e.g. staff surveys etc).
- Participate and support corporate responsibility initiatives for the achievement of business strategy (e.g.. Green Strategy).
- Seek opportunities to improve business processes and systems by identifying and recommending effective ways to operate and adding value to Nedbank.
Essential Qualifications – NQF Level:
- Matric / Grade 12 / National Senior Certificate
- Degree in Business or Finance (e.g. BSc Economics, B Comm, Certified Associate of the Institute of Bankers, FAIS Accreditation Regulatory Examination Level 1.
Type of Exposure:
- Conducting root cause analysis
- Working with a group to identify alternative solutions to work situations.
- Analysing situations or data that requires an evaluation of multiple factors
- Interacting with diverse people
- Building and maintaining effective relationships with diverse internal and external stakeholders
- Developing ways to minimise risks
- Analysing and interpreting qualitative and quantitative data
- Drafting reports
- Interacting with various levels of management
- Managing conflict situations
- Managing multiple projects
- Influencing stakeholders to obtain buy-in for concepts and ideas.
- Answering customer questions
- Sharing information in different ways to increase stakeholders understanding
- Communicating complex information orally
- Communicating complex written information
- Brainstorming ways of improving a product or situation.
- Challenging the status quo with a view to improving the environment or peoples understanding
- Identifying trends
- Checking accuracy of reports and rec
- Communicating standards to others
- Conducting gap analysis
- Conducting a needs analysis
- Comparing two or more sets of information
- Coordinating and securing buy-in from stakeholders
- Preparing and delivering presentations
- Writing business proposals
- Providing professional advice/opinion
- Using different approaches in new work situations
Minimum Experience Level:
- 2-3 years in a relationship management or banking environment
- Banking knowledge
- Business Acumen
- Principle of Financial Management
- Banking procedures
- Nedbank Vision and Strategy
- Business principles
- Communication Strategies
- Data analysis
- Governance, Risk and Controls
- Microsoft Office
- Nedbank policies and procedures
- Principles of project management
- Relevant software and systems knowledge
- Decision-making process
- Relevant regulatory Knowledge
- Nedbank culture
- Business writing
- Cluster Specific Operational Knowledge
- Building Trusting Relationships
- Managing Work
- Sales Disposition
- Sustaining Customer Satisfaction
How To Apply: